Is This Barrow’s First Challenger?

Chris Edenfield (R) from Savannah has decided to run against Barrow. He apparently was a State Senate candidate in 1998, but I don’t know much more about him than that. I do know that Barrow has about $1 million on hand.

1. drjay says:

i don’t know if its the same guy–but this edenfield is definitely running as a gop this time–he was in statesboro at the saxby meet and greet last month–his website has been up for a while–and i think he is speaking soon at a savannah yr event…

2. drjay says:

in the sav’h paper over the summer it was reported st. rep buddy carter was looking as well–but i have never heard about him and this race since–als ot here is another potential candidate who really can’t talk about the race right now for a variety of reasons…

3. kendrial says:

There is Wayne Mosley, who is speaking to the SAYR’s thanks to your wife DRJAY. He is in the military and is on his way back from Iraq right now. I met him at the GOP Convention. So with Wayne and Chis that makes two. In the race so far.

4. rugby: I never said he wasn’t, I was asking a question. Erick used a qualifying “apparently” is describing him as a State Senate candidate. Do you know if this Edenfield is the the same one who ran against Eric Johnson?

5. drjay says:

i know/knew about dr. wayne mosley– but as he is still in iraq–i was not sure if he was for public consumption yet kendrial…which was the reasoning for the cryptic last half of my last post…at 12:22

also moose i need one of your signs for my office–31405 is the most common zip in my pt. population…

6. ChuckEaton says:

For the record the guy who ran against Johnson in 1998 was listed as Rodney Christopher Edenfield and the guy running for Congress is also Rodney Christopher Edenfield – so it’s probably the same guy.

7. Federalist says:

hardly a challenger. military = little fundraising base. non incumbent = little if any pac money. he is a kid. where did he go to college? grad. school or law school? I am assuming that since he is military he did neither. I do not live in the 12th, but i do know that people trust experienced professionals and intelligent people over a kid who just got out of the military.

8. Federalist says:

I really do not think this kid has a chance. Barrow has a huge war chest (particularly for georgia) and a district with a lot of democrats in it. The 12th is 30%+ African American, and Barrow is very popular. Edenfield should run for state house or state senate again rather than taking on Barrow. Also, this kid can not really beat up Barrow using his voting record. Barrow is a common sense representative and has proven that he is not bound to the party line. He has voted with the GOP as much, if not more, than he has with the Democrats. He is the epitome of representation as prescribed by the founders. And he could probably raise another million easily.

9. Taglock says:

i understand frm 1 of my army buddies edenfield was a BN cmdr or CPT with the 101st AB. served as combat tactical intel were the bullets were flying. word has it he is a standup kind of guy. As for barrow i have fam in the 12th r DEMS and do not think too high of him. econ in the 12th is wrst in GA & barrow done little to help.

10. joe says:

Taglock // Sep 23, 2007 at 11:44 am

“i understand frm 1 of my army buddies edenfield was a BN cmdr or CPT with the 101st AB.”

You better check back with your buddy. Batallion Commanders are LTCs. Company Commanders are CPTs. There is about a 8 year difference in the level of experience. The 82nd from Ft Bragg is Airborne (jump from airplanes), the 101st from Ft Campbell is Air Assault (repel from helicopters). Both are fine organizations.

11. joe says:

Taglock,

You are right, the 101st is Airborne (Air Assault). From Edenfield’s site, “Chris Edenfield is transitioning from almost five years active duty in the United States Army to the Georgia Army National Guard and civilian life. ” Good service, no matter what unit. He might have made CPT, but not LTC.