Back from the Fatherland

Yes, you can live for a week on croissants, beer, and sausage. Germany was beautiful, but I’m glad to be home. And I really didn’t do too much beer drinking there. Too tired.

1. Carpe Forem says:

Erick,
    Glad you’re home safe and had a good trip.
    Now that you’re back maybe you can take care of this that happened yesterday at your Redstate.com, where I was trying to defend attacks on Rep Ron Paul:

———-

asked and answered by CarpeForem
    The how will be by Executive order (or reversing past orders)where constitutional. The rest by having the bully pulpit and public pressure. Plus, when he’s elected most every politician will start saying “I’ve been saying what Ron Paul’s saying for years”, to try to save their own political skin.
    Between the 2 threads I’ve answered your questions. As for “reply to this”, I was trying to watch a football game, so cut me some slack.
    Now answer a question of mine. Why do you keep trying to associate Ron Paul to socialist like Hugo and Denise? You can’t get further from big government socialism than Ron Paul.
    Oh, and one more. It’s obvious who I am supporting, Who are you supporting(please don’t tell me, if it is the cross dressing New England adulterer Gestapo Julie)?

2. Doug Deal says:

Redstate has been usurped by too many Free Republic types and is darned near worthless now. It would be a much better place if the people like mbecker908 were booted as they are nothing but intellectually dishonest flamers and drag the place into the mud.

Maybe if there was a daily post limit of say 5 comments on diaries and front page posts that are not your own people would be more judicious in what they post.

3. Donkey Kong says:

Erick, when I was there for for a few days a couple years ago, I lived off beer and brats alone. Wasn’t sure if it was possible, but it certainly is. What a glorious way to live.

On the topic of Carpe Forem’s threadjack, I agree that a few of the RS posters should lighten up sometimes, but Carpe, please, Gestapo??? Police state or otherwise, there is NO comparison between Nazis and Rudy, even if you disagree, as I do, with his trampling of the 2nd Amendment. Just add a bit of precision to your words and kill the rhetorical exaggeration. There are enough reasons to intellectually attack our own; calling them names hurts our credibility when we attack them legitimately (i.e. GOP Senator solicits gay sex in airport bathroom).

“intellectually dishonest flamers”
    Doug, seriously? I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that this was not a homosexual slur. Please let me know if I’m wrong.

4. Donkey Kong says:

Also, Carpe, don’t you think this could have been handled via email to Erick instead of threadjacking a post on PP?

5. Donkey Kong says:

Doug, if my memory serves me correctly, mbecker is a veteran. I will absolutely allow our veterans more leniency in speaking their mind than the average joe. They’ve earned it. The more I mull over you calling him an intellectually dishonest flamer, the more it infuriates me. We tend to agree on a lot of issues, but this crossed the line.

6. rugby_fan says:

Surviving on beer is often what monks at abbeys in Belgium would do during Lent.

Depending on what beer you drink (Westvleteren, Saint Bernardus &c.) one would could easily survive for an extended period of time.

7. Carpe Forem says:

Donkey,

The “Gestapo” reference was a tonge in cheek exageration to try to match the Ron Paul exagerations that were being posted. That is why when Moe posted:
    :ka-click: Hi, CarpeForem
    Do not refer to Republicans as Nazis ever again on this website.
    Please explicitly indicate your understanding of this rather straightforward instruction. In your next post, please.
    Moe
    PS: Your approval is irrelevant; your obedience is not.

I thought he was playing along.

But he followed up with BLAM! and blocked my ability to post on Redstate, letting me know he was serious. And that is why I posted here, to let people know, there are some sick puppies over there (need to lay off the cool aid, just a little bit… principle over party).

ps. I’m a verteran as well

8. Donkey Kong says:

Carpe,

Thank you for your service as a vet. I guess the climate of RS is a bit different, more austere and intellectual, than PP. Some posts that are perfectly acceptable on PP are sometimes out of line on RS, and that’s just the nature of the blog. They do not tolerate in any form name calling of candidates, unless it is true in-fact.

Doug,

Apparently “flamer” has more acceptable intentions in the blogosphere. Sorry if you meant it with these intentions.