Grady, Shafer and Tucker Round-up

Here is the link to Senator Shafer’s response to Cynthia Tucker’s race baiting attack.

The blogosphere seems to have rallied to the defense of the conservative Republican…not just his fellow conservative Republicans but white liberals, black Democrats, independents and even a libertarian.

Here is a dose of Shafer’s thoughts:

Tucker has no objection to the bill on its merits. She actually agrees with me that Grady should be run by a nonpolitical, nonprofit board.

Her objection to my interest in Grady is the fact I am white, male, conservative and Republican.

And, no, I am not paraphrasing.
[…]
[S]ubsides are not Grady

1. GodHatesTrash says:

Let’s be truthful about Nancy Shafer.

Ain’t nothing classy about classless, clueless, superstitious, stupid hate-filled trash.

So let’s start from there.

2. Holly says:

By the way, it’s Senator David Shafer in this post, not Senator Nancy Schaefer. Perhaps you should start from the right senator.

And also, it’s fine to attack someone on a political level, but personal attacks are absolutely uncalled for, especially from someone who hides behind a screenname.

3. GodHatesTrash says:

But it’s OK for you hyenas to let Cynthia Tucker drown?

Good ol’ fashion southron kkkonservativism at work.

At least this way you don’t need a rope.

4. Holly says:

I’m not a hyena. There you go calling names again. . . It doesn’t help your cause.

Since you’re apparently incapable of understanding the problem, I’ll explain it this way: I said nothing about Bill because it’s Bill Simon’s opinion. If Cynthia Tucker or anyone else gets upset about Bill’s opinion, they know exactly who to contact.

Bill was responding to an post, too, that discussed Cynthia Tucker, and he’s been pretty clear about why he doesn’t like her in previous posts. There was no mention of Nancy Schaefer here. Had you actually read the article, you’d have known that.

That’s how people expect these blogs to work; you only respond when you have something relevant to say in response to the post.

The difference with you, of course, there is just a baseless, faceless attack on Nancy Schaefer’s character (not to mention unprovoked), and that’s not fair.

Oh, and you might want to realize that it’s one person who made a comment about her drowning. One person doesn’t equal several. And just because Bill doesn’t like Cynthia, that was really low of you to try to make it racial, albeit typcial.

5. GodHatesTrash says:

I’m sure I’m not the first person to confuse Nancy and Dave. Unattractive Republican suburbanites all tend to look alike after awhile.

(Note to self – it’s the MALE Republicans that solicit for sex in the mens room.)

For the record, I might call Nancy names, but I wouldn’t let her die.

You might want to take a look at your personal ethics – there were two postings here when you blew in – one wishing for someone’s demise, the other one involving some name-calling. You took exception to the name-calling.

Pretty petty, in the grand scheme of things.

Anyhow, thanks for your opinion Holly. For all it’s worth.

6. Bill Simon says:

Trash is yet another example of public education’s output: Kan’t reed, kan’t rite, kant do much of anything else except spout-off nonsense.

What a frigging moron.