Congratulations Warner Robbins Pt. 2

A walk off homerun to win the Little League World Series!

This is the second year in a row the Peach State has won the LLWS.

1. Shakin the bush boss says:

After reading the comments yesterday by Lubbock’s coach “The better team lost…Japan will win tomorrow…We faced better pitching in the Regionals…it is now clear to me why Bobby Knight chose Lubbock as where he wanted to coach. Birds of a feather….

2. MidGaDawg says:

Where is this Warner Robbins you speak of? I know Warner Robins is a city near Macon that had a good Little League team this year, but how about Warner Robbins?

3. Jmac says:

I’m just hoping that David Perno has a close eye on the schools in Warner Robins and Columbus. They’re going to be terrors in a few years.

4. gatormathis says:

A great win from a nice bunch of kids. They also did a good sportsman job congratulating the Japan team on 2nd place.

I’ve only encountered these youguns one time.

They attended Sonny’s fishfry a while back. After they had eaten, been on stage with Sonny receiving applause and traveling donations, and gotten through with their picture taking, several of them came by our little table.

As they waited in line, they were very pleasant, mannerable, laughing with each other, and waiting their turn in line just like little gentlemen.

They may be above it now that they are “THE” actual Little League World Series Champ, but at Sonny’s fish fry, they enjoyed sno-cones as good as any other 12 year olds would.

My two sons, and two very helpful fellers from Griffin, worked putting these ice treats out on a hot day.

Last nite as the ball went out of the park and the celebration started, I asked my sons if they remembered the guys coming through the line.

Somehow they thought it had been the previous year’s Columbus team.

I said no, it was those guys right there, and a look of awe came across their faces.

Funny how life is always full of suprises.

Congrats to the team members, their coaches, and their proud families on a job well done.

The smile on the last batter’s face as he rounded the bases said it all.

5. Know Nothing says:

Jmac-

Your comment was naive. Not to take anything away from the great victories of Columbus and then Warner Robins, but anyone who knows anything about youth baseball will tell you that the very best players in the state play in the East Cobb Baseball Program.

6. DavidAtlanta says:

Please fix the spelling of Warner Robins in the titles. I lived there as a kid and it drove me crazy even then when the name was spelled incorrectly.

7. Donkey Kong says:

Know Nothing,

East Cobb kids are incredible. If my memory serves me correctly, they’ve produced dozens of pro players and hundreds of NCAA scholarship players over the last decade or two. Tons of talent rides out of East Cobb. Must be because my brother is one of the coaches out there ;-).