1. atlantaman says:

Apparently some neophyte is considering running against Lewis in the 5th General as well. While I admire these folks’ idealism, you gotta realize when the deck is stacked too far against you.

There are valid arguments to be made that you’re simply awakening a hibernating giant that will not only turn-out votes for his own election but will bringing the gang out for US Senate and President.

When Marlow couldn’t even make it into the special election runoff; I think that shut the door on the Democrats’ chances in the 10th for a while.

2. atlantaman says:

I took a peek at his website and the “Issues” section. I find it hilarious that he has this overwhelming desire to run for Congress, but still is unsure where he stands on Education, Environmental Issues, Immigration, and Social Security.

3. Mark Rountree says:

Spacey, this bozo announcing for Congress reminds me of listening to a back-up singer in the Howard Johnson’s bar.

He couldn’t muster the guts to enter the last show, and now there’s no audience left so he gets on stage.

By the way, does this mean the last Democrat in Jackson County is leaving to run for Congress? 🙂

4. SpaceyG says:

Marlow lost to Broun by under 200 votes. Motivate just that many more Dems to vote next go ’round and who knows what might happen.

5. atlantaman says:

Funny analogy Mark.

“Marlow lost to Broun by under 200 votes.” That’s either dillusional or disingenuous. Marlow didn’t “lose” to anyone in particular, he was not one of the top two vote getters in a Republican district and missed that opportunity by 200 votes.

The fact that the top two vote getters were Republican speaks to the fact that whoever the GOP nominee is will probably beat Saxon by a 2-1 margin.

6. CHelf says:

Mark,

I’m not sure someone with this guy’s background in serving his country is a ‘bozo’. You may not like his party affiliation but I think calling him a cheap name like that is a little low don’t you think?