The Liberals are coming! The Liberals are coming!

In what has to be a record, Kos has written about Georgia twice in a week (and also two consecutive days in a row).

First it was “holding their nose and voting for Jim Marshall”, now it’s the possibility of “Rock the Boat” Johnny leaving his Senate seat to run for Governor in 2010.

What is with this all of a sudden, unexpected, and unwanted interest in Georgia by those liberal loonies that make even the most liberal of Georgia Democrats shiver in fear. I mean can you imagine the millions (and millions) of Kossacks coming down here to Georgia and trying to do to David Scott what they did to Joe Lieberman (FYI, David Scott votes with the Democratic majority 96.1% of the time).

I don’t like issuing predictions…

…Oh let me stop, yes I do. I predict that if Kos and his minions interject themselves into Peach State Politics, they will decimate what is left of the Georgia Democratic Party.

1. joe says:

David Scott is my representative. Please, somebody do something to him. Get him to move into the district, get him to quit hiring relatives, but do something. Kossacks (or Kossovites), come on down.

2. Archibald Bulloch says:

What the Kossacks did to Joe Lieberman?

They screwed the Democratic Party by forcing him to become a political football. He’s voting the same way, but does not have to worry about his partisanship, which ultimately hurts the Democratic caucus by making it look fractured.

Lieberman, too, votes 90% of the time with Democrats.

I want to see DailyKos go a single day without making a Lieberman reference. It won’t happen. That site will never get over it.

3. SpaceyG says:

Blame Tom Houck if we get invaded. He took the dude out to dinner after his Manuel’s book lecture thingee, I guess about a year ago. I mean, for someone who doesn’t even blog, Houck was all over him like, uh, cheap perfume.

4. RuralDem says:

The Kos crowd needs to stay out of GA. They represent the extreme liberal side of the party, the one that wishes to basically cast moderates out in favor of “progressives” no matter the district. Blind to the fact that there’s a group of people that disagree with policies on both sides.

The Kos crowd will never truly represent the Democratic Party. At least, I hope not.

5. Icarus says:

Tell you what Rural,

I’ll do my part to keep the Kos kids out of GA, if you can keep Sadie Fields and Laura Mallory out of Maine.

Deal?

(As for the Kos crowd never representing your party; I think all your pres candidates attended their convention, while all also skipped the DNC.)

6. Icarus says:

O.K. Douggie Fresh,

Every time someone says “Deal” doesn’t mean you get a royalty. If it did, you would have a much bigger beef with Howie Mandell than me. Besides, Old Man Blank already wants my signing bonus back. So get off my butt.

Mmmmm. Arbys is gooood tonight.

7. RuralDem says:

I said truly represent the party, meaning representing a real majority of the Democratic Party, at least down here in the South. Southern Democrats are much different than the rest.

I still say the Kos crowd is simply an extreme wing of the party. Growing? Unfortunately. Truly representative of the Democratic Party? No.

8. Icarus says:

Rural,

The first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem. I’ve read a lot of your posts. You didn’t leave your party, they left you. We’re here to help.

And I voted for Sam Nunn twice, I think.

Really, it’s O.K. You don’t have to be a ultra-right-wing Laura Mallory/GOPeach wingnut to be a good Republican. It’s gonna be allright.

9. Chris says:

Icarus,

I like the idea of Sadie Fields and Laura Mallory going to Maine. There is a chance they’ll stay.

Or get eaten by chipmunks.

10. SpaceyG says:

Yep, we let in Kos then Arianna Huffington and the “HuffPo” gang are right behind him. I think you can catch ’em guest starring on The Suite Life of Zack and Codie.

11. Holly says:

Harold Ford = class

I really hate what’s happened with him of late. He needs to catch a good break.