Kos Kids will hold their nose and support Jim Marshall.

From their Midday Open Thread.

GA-08: That said, if we must lose a Democrat in 2008, it might as well be pro-war, pro-torture Jim Marshall, who is the NRCC’s top target. He was the Democrat closest to losing in 2006 (he won by less than 1,000 votes) in a district the GOP re-drew mid-decade in another nakedly partisan power grab. I wouldn’t cry if we lost this one.

That said, Marshall, as bad as he is on some key votes (and he can be downright disgusting), still votes with the Democratic Party 80.5 percent of the time — a number that would drop to 0-5 percent if Republicans grab the seat. So yeah, I’m still rooting for him to pull this off.

1. Doug Deal says:

Not that I expect accuracy from KOS, but I thought John Barrow was the closest to losing.

If the Bibb county party was anything more than a lifeless corpse, Collins would have won. Bibb County voters have had little reason to vote for Republicans as they all just support the most likeable Dem anyway.

2. JRM2016 says:

Doug Deal, given the recent passing of Don Layfield, I think your reference to the Bibb county party is disgusting. I think the reference may be unwitting, but highly inappropriate in any event.

3. sndeak says:

hmm..the right wingers have whined for years about Snowe, Collins, Warner and Specter in the Senate, and others as well. And this is different how?

4. Chris says:

what would be really cool is if the Kossacks came down to GA to campaign for Marshall. That would make for some good YouTubing

5. Doug Deal says:

JRM,

Get a life. I do not know Don Layfied, had no idea he had recently died (I assume it was recent), and your moralizing is just self important tripe.

The Bibb county GOP is the worst run county party that I have ever seen. Perhaps I just had the bad fortune of being in Gwinnett county under Buzz, and expecting the county party to actually do something other than just exist on paper.

6. Archibald Bulloch says:

The Kossacks won’t come campaign for Marshall. They will complain from their computers about how he’s not a real Democrat then claim credit for mobilizing the base to vote for him.

7. Icarus says:

Thanks man.

By the Way, Have you been able to find out any information about where a bloke can see Paul Broun get sworn in for Congress?

8. Holly says:

This makes me think of that article in Time recently about Harold Ford’s group becoming a pariah because the leftist blogosphere is taking over the Democratic party. I’ve forgotten the name of his group, unfortunately.

But anyway, this reminded me of the article, which was definitely worth the read. It’s about both parties being taken over by the extremists, but it talks mainly about this group.

DLC, maybe? That sounds right, anyway.