Fantasy Football Update

Doug Deal has stepped up and started the Peach Pundit fantasy football league (thanks Doug!). It’s got room for 20 people and as I signed up there were 12 slots left. Sign up now before it’s too late!

ok, you have to enter through here to sign up first…

Click here.

The id# is “376747”

The password is “yellowjackets”, but I reserve the right to change it to snuggles

1. Doug Deal says:

Also, when you sign up, get to work ordering your player rankings. Those will be used when the computer selects your players. Basically, it selects your most wanted player player from your list that is available.

That way all of us will not have to log in to do a draft at the same time.

2. Doug Deal says:

Bad Newz Paperz – ?
    the snugglers – drjay
    mmmm Cold Beer – Darth Mike
    Smyrna White Trash
    Melted Wing – ?
    Stat Padders – Doug Deal

If you would like to identify yourself, please do so.

Also don’t forget about the College Football Pick

3. Doug Deal says:

Icarus,

The deadline is when we hit 20 players or when my impatience forces me to click the “start draft button”. Basically we need to have the draft before week 1, but it might be nice to have it soon, so we can do trades in case you want to tweak your roster.

4. rugby_fan says:

Bloody ay, is it that hard to know who is who in the league?

‘Noles Win checking in.

Icarus, “Melted Wings”? Really?

Buzz is an all round frigtard.

Demonbeck is on a struggle.

That’s enough.

And you could just click on team names.

5. Icarus says:

Well, I wanted to leave “Sexual Chocolate” in play just in case Snuggles decides he wants to join us.

6. Doug Deal says:

rugby,

And you could just click on team names.

Ah, didn’t see the name at the top. I just looked at the big ad for the premium version and my in-brain spam filter ignored the rest of the page.

We are down to 7 spots left.

7. LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

Doug, wait till my team crushes your team out in the sandlot by the trailer park….my homefield advantage.

8. Doug Deal says:

So doesn’t the ball get stuck in the sand? Also, what do you use for the goals? Wait, what kind of fantasy futbol is this? I was already to “Bend it like Becham”.

9. Adam says:

I’ve never actually participated in the draft process before. Any tips on approximately how many players I should rank and how I should order them? I don’t want to end up with 25 QBs, right? Haha.

10. drjay says:

adam, generally speaking the autodraft default ranking is pretty o.k.–unless you have a very strong opinion about whether shaun alexander will do better this year than frank gore–you don’t really have to do anything–the autodraft also will make sure you have a full roster and won’t let you draft 25 qb’s and no wide receivers or anything like that…the other thing is that if you under no circumstances would have a certain player on your team–like you’ll never forgive tony romo for the botched hold and cannot have him as your qb under any conditions–you can exclude players–in another league i’m in we drafted right as the vick story broke and he was still ranked pretty high–but i went ahead and excluded him–for instance

11. Icarus says:

Looks like we’re at 19.

Who are we missing?

Erick?
    Jeff? (anyone think Jeff has time/interest given that he’s a bit far away?)

12. The Warsaw Ferryman says:

The Warsaw Ferryman here. An avid PP reader, though seldom a poster. And more importantly a fantasy football addict!

13. Doug Deal says:

Okay, one more spot.

The suggestion was made to do a live draft, but I do not think most of us are into it enough to get 20 people online at the same time. My preference is to have the autodraft, with all of us ranking the people we want.

When do you guys think you will be ready to let the computer figure out our draft picks?

14. Icarus says:

Doug,

Shouldn’t you be over at RedState posting that Fred Thomson is the antichrist or something?

Nevermind, I don’t have the time or patience tonight for that.

I’m guessing we’ll have the 20th by morning, might want to give folks the weekend to screw around with it, have the draft at high noon Monday.

Just my $02.

15. Doug Deal says:

Sounds good waxy winged one.

Anyway, no time for Redstate, the fiancee has laid claim to my free time. So those Fredpologists will have to find someone else to lose arguments against.

16. Doug Deal says:

Okay, still one more spot. Hopefully we will get that today. We will run the draft sometime on Monday, so do whatever you need to do to your pre-draft rankings before then.

17. Icarus says:

Hello! Out there!

Yes you. We need one more PeachPundit reader to sign up. Looks like a good number of us are first timers at this, so if you’ve ever wanted to dabble in a Fantasy League but didn’t want to have to put up with your obnoxious “over-the-top cares too much about sports” friends, this could be your chance to learn while hanging out on line with obnoxious “cares too much about politics” types.

18. Doug Deal says:

Waxy-winger,

Don’t forget too, that it is a head to head scehdule. So you can get back at those cretins across the political isle from you.

19. Icarus says:

Well, if you read much of my RedState stuff, apparently I’ve parked my barco-lounger right in the middle of the isle, so I can be hated by both sides.