A Tale of Land, Politics & Bubba-Logic

Gather ’round the campfire, kiddies. I’ve got a wonderful little story to tell you about how the good people of Walhalla, South Carolina almost got taken for a nasty little boondawgle by their City Council. Bless their hearts, them folks

1. Rogue109 says:

What a wonderful item to post in a blog about “Fresh Policial Pickin’s From The Peach State.”

Oh, wait: I get it. Because SC does produce more peaches than GA, you thought it appropriate. Got ‘cha.

2. bowersville says:

The Chattooga river is about Georgia, as it runs along the NE Ga. state line, it affects every water shed and the water quality from Rabun County to Savannah, even right here on Lake Hartwell.

3. Rogue109 says:

And you believe that was SpaceyG’s purpose in in making the posting, keeping in mind the theme of her posts of late?

4. bowersville says:

I’ve taken Spacey to task several times on posts dating back to her 1st postings, and several times lately. But this time, I’m with her on this issue.

Water quality, water basin transfers & water availability are issues that most from my area take seriously. I guess when the docks start going dry in Savannah because the water from our basin is transferred into the Chattahoochee basin for metro-Atl usage, those on down the Savannah River will start understanding.

This is one issue that has no particular political affiliation, and no party has a corner on the market. In fact if a politician even mentions basin transfer needs to happen, it’s fighting words.

I’m interested in what they’re doing to our water over in Carolina, especially when I found out several decades ago that one of the largest PCB dumps was into the SC arm of Lake Hartwell. H*ll our Hartwell fish glow in the dark or at least they should as a warning to consumers.

You would had to have been here to appreciate Charlie Norwood taking on the Corps water policies. He got with his counter-part from Carolina and got the Corps attention by threatening to take Corps property from around the lake and deed it to the counties.

Spacey, this is for you, Whitehead understood water issues in our basin, Broun didn’t have a clue.

5. SpaceyG says:

Well, looks like we’ve got some educatin’ to do, eh?

And honestly, if I wanted to be bored to tears preaching to the choir and getting “validated”, as if life was an Oprah show, I could blog on any number of liberal blogs to my heart’s content, or my nails dried, whichever comes first. But I thoroughly enjoy the heat of the kitchen that is Peach Pundit. All the eyeballs aren’t too shabby either.

So keep those comments, evil or otherwise, a’comin’! It’s all good for the economy, in the big scheme of things.

6. Rick Day says:

Water yew dewin’ Spacey?

Can we take book on how fast the mayor and council members are ‘retired’ in the next election?

Who backs those types of clowns anyway? Oh, right, those with money.