Kudos to Georgia’s YRs.

So, the Young Republicans nationally elected a guy named Glenn Murphy to be their Chairman. For those of you who kept up with the convention this past year, the YR Nationals bullied and hounded everyone who was not a Romney supporter, rigged votes, and otherwise destroyed much of their credibility.

And they elected Glenn Murphy. Who resigned last week. Because he got a high paying job that required him to be nonpartisan.

Surely it was just a coincidence that a police arrest report surfaced at the same time describing how Murphy was arrested after a male friend of Murphy’s woke up to find Murphy trying to perform oral sex on the guy.

The Georgia organization of the YRs was pretty much united in their opposition to Glenn Murphy. Good for them.

1. drjay says:

UPDATE: Murphy resigns political posts; cooperating with police in apparent criminal investigation
    Party chair says in letter resignation was for business reasons

By LARRY THOMAS
    [email protected]

The chairman of the Clark County Republican Party

2. SouthFultonGuy says:

So Murphey’s defense is that it was consensual oral sex on another.

Meanwhile courtesy of the Douglasville DA we have a young man one who was 17 at the time serving 10 years in prison for receiving not giving the same thing from a 15 year old female.

Maybe Genarlow Wilson should have joined the young republicans…

3. Romegaguy says:

I dont wanna beat this one to death but is it true that he was once arrested for flogging a dolphin?

4. shep1975 says:

There is a lot I would really like to say here, but my other officers would shoot me if I did.

So all I will say is sometime in the future, the YRNF Executive Committee will release a statement. I’m just as curious to see it as the rest of you.

5. GOP Girl says:

The GA YR’s have never been the biggest fans of the National Federation anyway. Hopefully this is the limp, er, I mean the LAST anyone will hear from Glenn Murphy.

6. shep1975 says:

Now you know why we haven’t had a national board meeting in Georgia since 1995!

However, we have had better relationships in recent times. After all, I was on the National Exeutive committee as a Vice-Chairman back in 2003-05. Those years weren’t without drama either.