Better Hope The Feds Show Up Soon

bomb_kids.jpg

I almost feel sorry for these college students from Florida, who may or may not be engaged in terrorist activity. Their names are Yousef and Ahmed, they were found with explosives during a routine traffic stop near a Navy brig, and now they’re spending a couple of hot August nights in some backwater South Carolina county jail with a few dozen bubba cops who likely have never stepped foot in anything remotely like sensitivity training class. There’s scary, and then there’s South Carolina law enforcement. From ABCNews4 in Charleston:

FBI reports are saying that

1. bowersville says:

Is this the same expert FBI that fingered the wrong suspect in the Olympic Park bombing that we endured for weeks and months in the MSM?

It was the bubba cops, Oklahoma State Patrol, that stopped Timothy McVeigh on a traffic stop. Having nothing but a “minor traffic violation” to hold McVeigh, the FBI was finally convinced by info provided by local bubba’s to get off their respective duffs.

Yes, I can see a legitimate reason for college students of middle eastern decent transporting explosive devices near a Navy brig. It happens everyday.

2. not believed a terrorist link???? Give me a break. Do the math.
    2 yound middle eastern men + explosives = what? They were preparing for the mother of all 4th of July’s? How PC are we going to get before we are wearing protective clothing and respirators to walk around a mall?

3. bowersville says:

Oh yeah, it was a local North Carolina bubba cop that caught Eric Rudolph, the real Olympic Park bomber, as he was pilfering through a trash dumpster.

You never saw that in an MSM report, did you? All that was seen was the expertise of the FBI hogging undeserved face time.

4. SpaceyG says:

The rookie cop who collared Eric Rudolph is something of a folk hero, Bowerville. He’d be worth following up on, seeing how his career has been, that sorta thing…

5. LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

This is the most ridiculous post I’ve seen in along time. How do you still have front page posting privileges? What makes you think that all law enforcement oficals in SC are so-called “Bubbas”? Did you ask yourself why would Middle Eastern men be carrying fuses and ingiters? Is it even legal to be in possession of such equipment without the proper licenses? I certainly believe that the police had probable cause to arrest them.

6. Rogue109 says:

Some reports now indicate that these “students” did not have explosives. It still makes me wonder why two foreign-born students on visas would choose to be driving so close to Naval Weapons Station Charleston.

7. bowersville says:

A story on the cop that collared Rudolph would be an interesting story.

His life probably went one of two ways; he stayed in police work and was sued by the ACLU for profiling the homeless and harassing them for pilfering through dumpsters, or he got out and became successful in another venture.

8. Nicki says:

Way to jump to racist conclusions.

It looks like said kiddos had FIREWORKS. Not bombs. Innocent till proven guilty, as long as you’re not an arabic male, huh?

9. LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

Nicki, I’d call it like I see ’em. If 99% of terrorists are Middle Eastern men, or Muslims, or both, I’d concentrate on them. No need to waste time rounding up 30 something year old Swedes.
    😉

10. Icarus says:

Some 30 something year old Sweedes actually spent their formative years in Dubai, and should be watched VERY closely. The fact that they were known to consort with professional wrestlers during this time makes me even more suspicious.

11. LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

Oh dear. That totally shatters my theory! I now renounce my belief in racial profiling.
    🙁

12. bowersville says:

Sort of like a former congressional candidate huh? He didn’t even have fireworks, only words in jest, yet he was guilty until proven innocent.

The proper word is pyrotechnics, a broad spectrum. Fusers, what’s that? Fusee and igniter… pyrotechnics, not fireworks.

Innocent until proven guilty? I thought that was a standard for the government.

13. drjay says:

well how did these”students” that are all “innocent” and stuff came across these “fireworks” while driving through south carolina then—fox news said pipe bombs–so they must have had pipe bombs–end of story

14. LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

Yawn. Yes, innocent until proven guilty. That only applies to the government. So who convicted them?