If you vote in this poll, you are racist

At least I gather that to be the case from the fact that the NAACP had decided to involve itself in defending Michael Vick.

The group has scheduled a news conference today to call for support for Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick.The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People has scheduled a news conference for 10 a.m. to ask the public to withhold judgment until all the facts come out in court in connection with the federal dogfighting charges against Vick.

So, we’ll ask it anyway:

{democracy:7}

1. Romegaguy says:

Werent they one of the first groups to talk about waiting to see if the Duke Lacrosse players were innocent before rushing to judge them in the press?

They werent? Are you sure?

2. LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

Is it just me, or is the NAACP becoming increasingly irrelevant? How is this even a race issue?

3. ChuckEaton says:

If Michael Vick is one of their main focuses then things must be looking pretty good for the rest of their consituents.

4. Jmac says:

But Romegaguy, the sheer mention of the Duke lacross incident reveals there are racial implications here, albeit stupidly. The NAACP dropped the ball and should have pushed the same message regarding the Duke case, but what they’re doing here isn’t outrageous by any means.

They haven’t used race at all, actually, according to that news brief. What they’re doing is saying ‘wait until everything comes out.’ The only mentioning of race, to be honest, is here as we assume it’s because of race because the NAACP is involved.

And, for what it’s worth, I think it looks like Vick is guilty and I hope he never suits up for the Falcons again, but I ain’t on the jury so it ain’t my place.

5. Romegaguy says:

I am merely pointing out the irony of how they pushed hard in the media to convict the innocent lacrosse players but now they are saying to let the system work. I find it pretty outrageous.

And after Vick is sentenced, they will say how he didnt receive a fair trial, that the man is out to put down innocent, rich, black athletes, etc.

6. Federalist says:

F’in NAACP…they can not even figure out what is good for their cause. Romegaguy has a point, we do not know what evidence was presented to the Grand Jury though, nor do we know what will unfold in court. We all “knew” OJ did it, and look what happened. The best thing for the people to do is shut up about this, for the sake of an old man final days…I want to see something else on the news!

7. Icarus says:

I voted:

D. None of the Above. I am much more concerned about learning where and when I can watch Dr. Paul Broun get sworn in as a Congressman.