NEWS FLASH: Georgia Republicans become National Democrats

At least thats my understanding of reading the Gwinnett Daily Post article Buzz just posted.

It sounds like the Georgia House is going to use the same tricks Pelosi and Murtha are using to protect their p0rk project from scrutiny. Instead of having the earmarks debated by the whole body, they would be slipped in at the last minute with the only oversight provided by the much smaller and hand picked conference committee.

This paragraph is particularly troubling:

Keen, R-St. Simons Island, said the process worked well because those projects became associated with the full General Assembly rather than with the parochial interests of an individual legislator or legislative chamber.

“become associated”. Nice bit of political correct spin there.

I’ll be happy to give equal time to anyone in the General Assembly who would like to dispute my assertion that the GA GOP is doing the same as Pelosi/Murtha/Reid.

1. YourFutureLeader says:

Just read the same article and how sad is it that the Republicans in this state are stooping to this level? I also dont like the idea of splitting out the education budget. The author of the article says it best when he said that nothing is apolitical in Georgia. I can only imagine the nightmare of having our K-12 budget hanging in the air as the House and Senate or Republicans and Democrats play politics with it. Just stupid ideas all the way around.

2. Trackboy1 says:

What do you expect from Jerry Keen, who never met a lobbyist he wouldn’t let feed him a $200 meal?

3. dingleberry says:

What did you people expect? The GA General Assembly is ran by the biggest bunch of idiots this side of Alabama! When I say “idiots”, I mean Richardson, Erhart, and Keen.

It’s funny how some of you are actually surprised by crap like this. Then again, you did vote for Sonny Perdue, so you’re obviously kind of naive.

4. Another thing the House Republicans did was decide amongst themselves to raise the per diem for all legislators, even the ones that live inside the perimeter and don’t need overnight housing.

The reason a top House Republican told a Democrat that they were raising the per diem is that some of their individual members had been filing politically embarrassing re-imbursement reports and they told their members that they would raise the per diem but they needed them to stop filing line item reports for their stuff.

Such a noble leadership class.

5. dingleberry says:

Mark Roundtree,

I voted for Garrett Michael Hayes, the only candidate in the race who was a fiscal conservative!

Atlantaman,

If you think Democrats and Republicans are different from eachother to such an extent that one can be considered an alternative of the other, then you are naive. There is another choice besides the Republicratic Party.

6. dingleberry says:

I love it! This is so funny!

The so-called “conservatives” here on PeachPundit that do nothing but lick the boots of these politicians during election season like good little sheep actually have the audacity to act surprised when those politicians do the SAME D*MN THING THEY’VE BEEN DOING FOR YEARS!!!!

How stupid can you be, people?

7. Inside_Man says:

They’ll get away with it too, until people in their districts start to give them hell about it.

8. Donkey Kong says:

Great post Chris. What in the world is the problem with our Republicans? Why can’t they get it in their head that if voters put them in office because they are conservative, maybe those voters also want them to ACT conservative while IN office.

9. jsm says:

“The so-called ‘conservatives’ here on PeachPundit that do nothing but lick the boots of these politicians during election season like good little sheep…”

dingle, your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

10. Federalist says:

Sounds like the tax cut that Perdue got! I hope you know how stupid you GOPers sound. Any democrat in this state can get elected by calling themselves a republican. pay attention. what did perdue do? why is zell so popular? how many state reps/senators changed parties in the late 90’s or early 2000’s? Being branded a republican = election. even I could run as a goper and get elected in this stupid state…why? because of the brand name. think of georgia politics like pepsi vs coca cola. or playboy vs hustler. It is the same garbage, same smell, but a different colored trash bag.

11. Icarus says:

“like pepsi vs coca cola. or playboy vs hustler”

Seriously?

You can’t tell the difference?

Betweeen…pepsi and coca cola?

Perhaps GOPeach can tell us the difference between these other two items I’ve never heard of…

12. Federalist says:

pepsi tastes better and does not make you as fat as coke does. playboy and hustler…some on icarus…you are still an earthly being, afterall- you wings melted in the heat of the sun.

13. Icarus says:

“you wings melted in the heat of the sun.”

…and it should be obvious I hit my head on some rocks on the way down.

But now I know that you’re really here just to piss people off, saying that Pepsi tastes better on a Georgia blog. Pahleeze.

14. Federalist says:

I must apologize for that,…it is partially an accident of relocation. I lived in NC for many years, and the costs of pepsi are much lower than coke. just bc coke is in ga should not mean that you like it better, that is not rational.

15. dingleberry says:

JSM,

Nothing I said was untrue. You guys tout these candidates like they are the second coming and then have the audacity to act surprised when they continue to act like baffoons.

You can continue to be one of the sheep, I’m sure that’s what you’re good at–just falling in line behind whoever is in front of you. That’s fine. Do your thing, JSM. But please, don’t act like Republican elected officials being morons is ANYTHING BUT business as ususal.

16. dingleberry says:

JSM,

I wouldn’t have expected anything different from you. You consistently come on here without any substance. Just empty talking points rhetoric like your hallowed leader.

How’s the view constantly staring at the *ss of the big dog in front of you?

17. jsm says:

Who is my “hallowed leader,” dingle? And I want quotes from comments I have posted.

You’re full of crap. No pun intended.