Could you pass the citizenship test?

Find out here.

Our quiz is made up of 20 questions found on the actual citizenship test with a few curveballs in the mix. The last ten questions may be a bit harder, but a score of around 24 out of 30 is considered a passing grade.

I barely passed with 25 correct.

1. 29 out of 30. I couldn’t remember how many amendments there are. It’s not like anybody reads the stupid constitution anyway.

I should be deported to my homeland of Maryland.

2. Icarus says:

29. Can’t believe I couldn’t remember when the last amendment was ratified. I was drinking pretty heavily then, however. Much like now, come to think of it.

3. Lee Benedict says:

28;
    I missed the # of Amendments (can’t believe I did that) and the unratified question…or whatever it was (the answer was 6).

Full disclosure…I guessed on 2 questions, BUT, I narrowed each down to 2 possibilities.

4. profg says:

Hmm, I wonder why it is that so many of us got everything right except the number of proposed amendments?

BG

5. >>>I wonder why it is that so many of us got everything right except the number of proposed amendments?

Since the 21st was ratified, we’re all too drunk to pay attention.

6. TPSoCal says:

28 – I missed how many amendments and official language. Maybe it was wishful thinking.

7. Donkey Kong says:

(Warning: do not read if you have not taken the exam yet)

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think all six of the amendments that have not been ratified were from the Bill of Rights. In fact, I believe there were seven, but the seventh was discovered by a student in the late 80’s or early 90’s, proposed before Congress for a vote, and in 1992 became the last amendment ratified.

8. profg says:

Of the thirty-three amendments that have been proposed by Congress, six have failed ratification by the required three-quarters of the state legislatures

9. profg says:

So, sorry, DK, at least that amendment (Corwin) wasn’t part of the Bill of Rights proposals.

BG

10. Donkey Kong says:

Eh, I was trying to recall my high school history class (many, many years ago…). Oh well. Thanks for the clarification.