Jim [Insert Slur here]head

So, you blew your campaign fortune on questionable expenditures, pissed away your lead, did nothing in the runoff, and lost.

So, what do you do? What do you do?

How about demand a recount at the very last minute to delay Paul Broun’s swearing in ceremony.

Jim, you might want to save your lawyers for the coming FEC investigation.

1. middle-ga-gop says:

Erick…my suggestion is that you tone down the rhetoric.

Senator Whitehead served honorably on the Columbia County Commission for 8 years and as the state senator for the 24th district for 3 years. I would hope his previous service has earned your respect and I feel this thread questions his integrity.

The recount I want is on what Paul Broun has done for the citizens of Georgia besides blatantly lie about his opponent.

2. Donkey Kong says:

middle-ga-gop,

Don’t forget Erick endorsed Whitehead. I don’t think he’s saying Whitehead is a terrible person (though I don’t think Erick would like me to put words in his mouth), just that he completely blew the election and that dragging it out for no reason is being what we call in sports a sore loser.

3. Erick says:

Middle-ga-gop, puhleeeezzzzeee.

I’ve got every right and reason to question the inept way he bungled his race and waits until the last minute to ask for a recount.

Griftdrift, I call ’em like I see ’em.

4. Bull Moose says:

Why ask for a recount now? That seems VERY late in the game. You lost, he won, move on. It’s pretty simple.

5. Bull Moose says:

After reading the AJC piece on Perdue not signing the certification and delaying sending it to DC, I think that’s totally BS.

Having been involved in a recount before, this delay is totally suspicious and smells of pure political crap.

At this rate, I say CHALLENGE THE ESTABLISHMENT and replace them with Real Republicans.

6. Donkey Kong says:

Bull,

Just please don’t challenge the establishment with RINO’s like McCain. 😉

RINO’s like Sonny need to be replaced by real conservatives…like Ted Nugent.

7. Romegaguy says:

Jim Whitehead is a graduate of the Mac “Never Surrender” Collins school of campaigning.

8. I Am Jacks Post says:

Jackson-

No, he’s not.

So who’s pushing JW to request a recount? I bet their respective email addresses end in @mail.house.gov

9. I Am Jacks Post says:

Peach,

Sadly, few of us backed Broun, the tactical genius.
    Let us work through our issues.

10. CHelf says:

Looks like Whitehead’s taking some people’s advice from here and conceded per Political Insider.

11. Doug Deal says:

Erick,

I would have little problem with a call for a recount at the last minute if the candidate had a reasonable expectation that the results would change. You are given that time for a reason, and it is your right.

However, I have a problem with any candidate that requests a recount “just because he can”. Politicians and their lawyers need to start acting like adults of occasion. In this case, it looks like just one last petty blow by Whitehead to prove unequivically that he exists and is relevant. (At least in his own mind).

12. GabrielSterling says:

From the political Insider:

Never mind. Whitehead nixes recount, concedes 10th District race
    Tuesday, July 24, 2007, 06:07 PM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Said the press release from the Jim Whitehead campaign, received late this afternoon:

13. Icarus says:

This wasn’t a hard one to call, but:

Icarus // Jul 18, 2007 at 1:08 pm

…Eventually, Jim Whitehead will concede, and will do so before Mac Collins does.

14. Bull Moose says:

Good decision by Mr. Whitehead.

It’s a shame that it had to get drug out like this for him to concede and offer his congratulations to Congressman Elect Broun.