Fulton County straw poll

David Shafer has the details of a straw poll in Fulton County:

Fred Thompson won the straw poll at the Fulton County Republican Barbecue on Saturday, taking 36% of the vote. Mitt Romney, whose campaign mounted a very energetic effort on his behalf, placed second with 29%. Rudy Guiliani came in third with 20%.

Rounding out the poll, Gingrich received 5%. John McCain, Ron Paul and Undecided tied at 3%, and Mike Huckabee got 1%.

I missed this great event because of a family obligation. Otherwise, Senator Thompson would have won by a slightly larger margin.

1. Pinetop says:

Has anyone heard the news about Rudy’s Campaign dissolving the Georgia Staff that they have just hired? A friend of mine done here in Southeast Georgia sent me an email about it. I went to Savannah when the Mayor came and wanted to get involved again with a campaign. I hope there is nothing to this.

2. cobbguy1776 says:

Let’s see, no air conditioning, fans blowing hot air, fans so loud you couldnt hear speakers, no adequate parking, what I’m told no sponsors and no money raised, not to mention Mike Dvorscak walking around soliciting support for his “Leadership”. Great event Fulton

3. jsm says:

“Rudy is sill the only guy who can beat Hillary, time to rally around the man”

Why do you want to rally around Hillary?

4. Greg H says:

Got this after lunch……

Just wanted to thank yall for the words of encouragement last week when I announced that I had left Johnny

5. Donkey Kong says:

I will say that though I formerly supported Newt, whom I still love, I am now a Rudy supporter. If Newt enters the race, he’ll have my vote, but I’m not holding my breath.

Despite the buzz around Fred, I tend to think that he’s being crafted to be a stalwart conservative that I don’t think he was before. Conservative, sure. But not the savior many are making him out to be. Rudy is honest about his positions, doesn’t change them for political expediency, and has the tenacity I like to see in a Republican politician.

6. jsm says:

DK, those pics of Rudy in drag will certainly help him win social conservatives. Remember that the general public hasn’t noticed them yet and that conservatives on both sides will back away when they do.

7. Donkey Kong says:

jsm,

What’s worse? Pictures of Rudy in drag or pictures of Hillary as herself? I’d say pics of Hillary.