1. Chris says:

I have to agree with the Senator to a certain extent – I don’t see anything wrong with doing business over dinner. I find it disturbing that government is so overbearing that business have to spend big bucks to bribe legislators to leave them the heck alone.

I find it even more disturbing when businesses are so incompetent they need to bring legislators to prevent competition.

2. Bull Moose says:

I’m sorry, this is still not acceptable. The question remains, “IS THERE A LIMIT AS TO WHAT LOBBYISTS CAN SPEND ON WINING AND DINING LEGISLATORS?”

If not, there should be.

If you want to be serious about ethics, it starts with limits on how much lobbyists can spend on wining and dining legislators and their respective staffs.

If it’s good enough for Congress, it should be good enough for the Georgia General Assembly.

3. Bull Moose says:

I read the AJC article.

$250 limit on total amount that can be spent by registered lobbyists on legislators.

That’s a good middle road amount.

4. atlantaman says:

I’m actually surprised how worked up some of the folks on Pundit are on this. It’s all disclosed so what difference does it make, ultimately Keen and company are hyper-accountable to the people as they are elected every two years.

If Keen votes with AGL every time because AGL took him to Dinner at Chops (hypothetically of course as I don’t think Keen would do this); then DON’T VOTE FOR HIM.

5. rugby_fan says:

Does anyone know when Paul Broun was or will be sworn in?

I can’t seem to find any information on his swearing in anywhere on Peach Pundit.

6. Abraham Baldwin says:

Rugby, either that was in jest, or you have been on the wrong side of one too many scrums

7. dingleberry says:

I wonder if the omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent Senator David Shafer will have any “thought provoking” entries on that ignoramus Jerry Keen now that Keen has decided to piss on taxpayers with his ideas for earmark “reform”…

8. Bill Simon says:

Atlantaman,

So, let me see if I follow your logic: as long as everything is disclosed, as much money in the world can be spent on smooth-talking the legislators/public servants into doing whatever the interest that is spending the money wants the legislator(s) to do?

Wow…you sound a LOT like Don Balfour. Is that your real identity?