What’s Up With National Mail Services?

Looking over Whitehead’s FEC stuff to see how much money he could have spent, I noticed tens of thousands of dollars spent with

1. I Am Jacks Post says:

To be precise, it looks the Norwood mafia (John Walker, ringleader) paid National Mail Services $101,363.84 in the Pre-Special and Pre-runoff reports alone.

I’ve only gotten through those two reports. I’m sure there’s more $ out there.

So, the question before us is, who is National Mail Services and does anyone in the Norwood outfit profit off the tremendous amount of money that was paid to said business?

2. Holly says:

Wait, whoa. I messed that up. Stoneridge does the mailers. National Mail sends out the letters from here.

3. I Am Jacks Post says:

The reports show Stoneridge printing and mailing in Atlanta. I don’t think this is them.

This National Mail Services appears to be a completely different and distinct operation located in Martinez, GA.

4. Erick says:

Holly, I got several mail pieces sent to me about the race and the postage indicia had Stoneridge, which would mean they mailed out the stuff.

Never got anything by National Mail Services.

5. Buffalo Bob says:

Does not suprise me, it is common for these guys to get kick backs from the mail and such things on campaigns. Since Norwood had always used them I am sure someone in Whitehead’s organization (most likely a former Norwood staffer) wass getting a kick back for using this mailing service. They should have stuck to Stoneridge.

My feeling is that the Norwood people (former staff) had gotten so damn power hungry that they would not let go and let Whitehead run his own race, which in return caused a lot of friction on the Whitehead campaign. In my opinion, they got what they deserved.

6. MorganCoGOP says:

Most respectable consultants in the state use Stoneridge. They put out the best mailers hands down. It would make sense that when Joel left the campaign, then Whitehead switched to someone else.

I guess it’s also possible that Whitehead just used someone locally in the Augusta area to do mail pieces in that area and nowhere else in the district.

7. Amelia Brown says:

National Mail is a printing company in Augusta that have done a great job handling mail for many businesses in Augusta and the surrounding area. The parent company shares ownership with Joey Hadden, Jeff Hadden, and Bob Davis. They are great guys, and they work hard.
    They have handled all of the direct fundraising mail that has gone out over the course of this campaign. And, no, none of us get a kick back or bonus from them–they’re just good people and handled our mail well.
    Stoneridge DID mail, print, and design all of our other mail–ie. glossy mail…

8. Holly says:

Amelia explained clearly what I was trying to say. Many campaigns from Augusta use National Mail Services for letters because it’s here and they do a good job. I believe our fundraiser, Laura Dunaway – who is amazing at her job – uses them for other candidates, too. Lynn Westmoreland, Max Burns, and Gary Black might be ones to check for similar lines of their FEC disclosures? I know she has had (or still has) them as clients, too.

9. IndyInjun says:

There is no smoking gun at National Mail. They are one of the better mass mailers in the area. Generally, one provides them with the flier, brochure, card, or letter. They print and mail it.

Their services are reasonably priced. The tremendous costs incurred by the campaign were attributable to the MASSive mailings distributed by the Whitehead campaign.