Well That Kinda Sucks

I guess I’ll be voting in the Democratic Primary for Keith Moffett, Larry Schlesinger, and Miriam Paris here in Macon.

My friend Nancy White called to tell me that neither she nor I are on the ballot! Apparently, if you run unopposed these days, they don’t put you on the ballot till the general election. I was hoping to go vote for myself. That’s a shame.

1. LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

That’s why we need a paper trail! How do YOU know that you’ll even be on the Nov ballot? Get a receipt before it’s too late!

2. gatormathis says:

Erick,
    If you thinks this sucks, wait until you get “in” office.

Then you will become the biggest tax raising, bribe taking, wrong idea having, misquoted, misunderstood, and all the other names that your detractors can think of.

That time will come soon enough though, so until then, bask in the glow of the limelight….

.. have fun, and be glad to run “un-opposed”……..

3. liberator says:

Erick call me! I have been raising hell about tax hikes since I first came swinging like Tarzan out of the proverbial umbelical cord!

4. leantothemiddle says:

You mean you intended to vote for yourself in an uncontested Republican primary rather than vote in the Mayor’s race, just so you could vote for yourself? What kind of an egomaniac are you? You are not even in office and your are already putting your own selfish whims above the good of the people. Good Grief!

5. Erick says:

lean, I thought the law was still that I needed at least one vote. Trust me, I’d have rather voted in the Democratic primary. My wife is as is one of the other GOP candidates who asked me to vote for her too.

6. bowersville says:

I would be curious as to the SoS rules regarding being on the ballot.

I’d hate to get on the ballot in November, get elected, and a court challenge in sue because I wasn’t on the ballot for the primary.