1. rugby_fan says:

Moore proved himself to be an even bigger idiot than previously assumed. (“Was Sanjay Gupta embedded in the front lines of Iraq”?).

The whole reason Moore was upset is because he couldn’t answer questions. To back up his belief he goes to a third rate think tank for data when the best analysts debunk his theories.

2. Erick says:

What’s hilarious is that Gupta provides a very evenhanded look at all of Moore’s exaggerations and outright lies and Moore can tolerate being confronted.

Same thing happened with his last movie.

3. Dawgfan says:

Not only was Dr. Gupta an embed, but I heard as a brain surgeon he stepped in and operated on a GI with a brain injury and saved his life. I am generally loathed to say anything nice about a CNN reporter but I will always give him credit for that.

4. Jason Pye says:

Moore has penchant for stretching the truth and downright lying.

Dave Kopel has addressed both Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 9/11 and taken them apart and addressed many of Moore’s main points.

5. spaceygracey says:

As I clearly stated above… “regardless of your…”

I still think Sanjay Guptah is a total manufactured product of the Turner marketing machine. A’la Anderson Cooper. Not that that’s necessarily a bad thing. I am on the record as officially adoring AC, until the thrill wore off, of course. Again, I’m just saying…

6. Erick says:

But Jason, Dave is in the pocket of the Jews, Big Oil, Big Pharma, and anything else Moore can label big to distract attention from his girth.

7. Jmac says:

The problem with Moore is that he bastardizes factual information, presenting it in a fashion predetermined to support his initial hypothesis. If you like his movies, then fine

8. Do you guys condone Officers of Health Care Insurance Companies getting “100s of millions” in personal compensation while hospitals in your own backyard crumble and your health care insurance premiums skyrocket? Talk to a middle aged American woman that tries to get individual health care insurance.

9. Jmac says:

I don’t condone of the situation at all as our health care system needs some serious work, but that doesn’t mean I have to agree with Moore’s methods.

10. dorian says:

Funny, I was a student at Kennesaw when this fat hack invaded our student center with a video camera and a megaphone. He has done nothing since then to change my opinion of him. It doesn’t strike me that he is making these ‘documentaries’ for the sake of inspiring change, so much as to get himself money and attention.

11. CHelf says:

The funny thing is that Gupta has issued a response to Moore’s attack. Gupta said one of his numbers was incorrect due to transcription error. BUT he says the number they did quote on another item that Moore disputed actually showed up on Moore’s website. So Moore actually disagrees with a number he even quotes on his website….ooops.

12. So, it’s worse for a film maker to make a profit than it is for Health Care Insurance Company executives to receive 100s of millions?

I’m trying to remembe the last time the Grady Hospital situation was indepthly debated or taken seriously around here…

It has taken Glenn whatshisname almost to the bitter end to even admit that Georgia had a Grady problem.