Bill Heard Chevrolet sued by state

This is big news on the Consumer Affairs front.

In a lawsuit filed Friday, the first of its kind in 32 years, the Governor’s Office of Consumer Affairs alleged the October mailing was intended to trick car owners into believing their vehicles were unsafe. Heard was trying to sell new cars or service plans on old autos, the lawsuit said.

The Columbus-based dealer disputes the suit’s claim that any violation was

1. Doug Deal says:

Is it any wonder why Americans respect and admire used car salesmen as much as they do?

I hope the state sticks it to them on this one, but we all know it will just result in a slap on the wrist, if that.

2. Bill Simon says:

Anyone pick-up on the fact that it looks a lot like a state agency filing a retaliatory lawsuit against Heard as a result of the lawsuit Heard filed against the Consumer Affairs office?

3. Rpolitic says:

um there is a lot more to this story. but suffice it to say what I am hearing is that Heard et. al. are laughing all the way to the bank because compared to the maximum possible fine the return on investment is still worth it.

And Bill you might guess who the direct mail company is if you are as good as you think.

4. Bill Simon says:

I only know of two people connected with auto advertising…neither of which appear to be connected with any company whose postmark designation is “AMPM.”

Guess I’m not as good as I think…of course, I’ve never actually bragged about being “good” about everything, Robert. I leave such vocalizations of braggadicio to horse’s asses like you.

5. Rpolitic says:

Well here is your hint, it ain’t ASH and he can’t seem to figure out what party or other affiliations he should go with.

6. Rpolitic says:

See even if you call me names I will throw you a bone now and again. Yep that is the one. Go ahead and say what you will.

7. Bill Simon says:

Not much to say…rumor is that he is bankrupt. No use pouring salt on a wound on someone I have nothing personal against.

My apologies to the horses in Cherokee County. 🙂

8. Roadkill says:

Bill Heard has had so many consumer complaints filed against him he should be run out of the state. His competitors who play by the rules complain bitterly about his illegal tactics. Problem is, the Office of Consumer Affairs can’t bring legal action. That is up to the Attorney General’s Office, and they are such a bureaucratic mess they’re pretty much ineffectual. The only reason suit has been brought now is Thurbert Baker recused himself because of a campaign contribution from Heard and the Governor appointed private attorneys to represent the state.

9. Bill Simon says:

Well, if Baker received a contribution from Heard, and recused himself because of that…then, what about the fact that the Heard enterprise also contributed beaucoup bucks to the State GOP, of which Randy Evans is the Legal Counsel?

Randy Evans is the lead attorney on the action against Heard. Is there a conflict of interest there?