Bye, Bye Buckhead

Christy and I were at the corner of East Paces Ferry and Peachtree on Friday night before the Fred Thompson event and both were kind of amazed by everything shuttered and closed. Oh well. It’s progress. I have some fond memories from college, but I’m a little old for all that now. It’s time for up scale commercialism.

1. liberator says:

Fado will stay in Buckhead and move up a block. Tongue and Groove will stay in Buckhead and move to 3089 Peachtree Rd. They are both great establishments. I hope Makos and Steamhouse stay in Buckhead also. The hot dance club now is Fever. http://www.feveratl.com

2. liberator says:

Who remembers Billy’s In Buckhead,Carlos McGees,Aunt Charleys,Thrills,Studebakers,Three Dollar Cafe,Buckhead Beach,Acupolco Bar,and East Village Grill? I’ve rocked em all!

3. liberator says:

Notice there were a few I couldn’t recall so trust me I rocked em like a Hurricane as the Scorpions sang!

4. Donkey Kong says:

I nearly cried when I heard they shut down CJ’s Landing. What other bar in buckhead will have pitchers of beer for $5?? Nevermind that the beer was called “The Cheap Sh-t.” Classic place. I’ll missy ou.

5. liberator says:

CJ”s Landing Rocked! I knew there was one I couldn’t recall! Don’t forget Lula’s Bait Shack and Makos!

6. Carpe Forem says:

I remember Good Old Days. I was working construction in the early 80’s and when it was raining (work site would shut down), Good Old days would offer 3 for 1 specials (until the rain stopped). I would order 3 Long Island ice teas. That would come to 3 shots of liquor each in 9 drinks. I was set for the rest of the day, night and into the following day. Then summer would end and I’d return to college (with tolerance in tack).