Silly Joel McElhannon

From a Paul Broun press release:

Broun concluded “it is very disingenuous of Jim Whitehead to whine that the Athens Banner Herald says things about him that would make people think he is ‘Satan incarnate.’ After all, it was Team Whitehead campaign manager, Joel McElhannon, who told the AJC ‘We are coming to Athens and bringing hell with us.’”

Um, how can you take hell to Athens? I’ve been there. Hell is already there and Satan controls all the lefties. Silly Joel McElhannon.

I do find it curious that Broun indirectly defends the ABH. After all, should he get elected the ABH will never say a kind word about him.

1. Archibald Bulloch says:

They did endorse him, but didn’t really show him much love.

Besides, according to the Athens Banner-Herald, hell doesn’t live in Athens but in the pages of Peach Pundit.

2. Holly says:

They did endorse him, but didn’t really show him much love.

Some is better than none? 😉

3. AlanR says:

I find it curious Broun is talking about stuff like this in his releases. I guess he really is as crazy as they say.

4. bowersville says:

Paul needs to watch Clint Eastwood’s “High Plains Drifter” one more time.

In “Drifter” the stranger rides into Lagos, teaches self defense, requests the town to be painted red and renamed Hell, because Hell is to be paid when THEY arrive.

Paul, you forgot to ask the people to paint Athens red so you could save the day.

5. Seen It says:

Still, a very stupid comment by an overrated political guy. McElhannon’s biggest asset has been the ability to identify early and jump on board with candidates who will win, whether it is because they are a prohibitive favorite, like Whitehead and now Thompson, or because their opponents are fundementally flawed, like Cagle.

Why Broun thinks he can effectively tie this to Whitehead, I don’t know. And it certainly can’t be used long term as McElhannon won’t be around after the special.

6. Clint Austin says:

Buzz,

Athens has truly been Hell for the Bumblin’ Wreck!

Clint

p.s. Do you know what time it is at Georgia Tech? It’s 15 to 12!

7. Clint Austin says:

Seen It,

You are underestimating Joel.

That being said, I wouldn’t call Thompson a “prohibitive favorite.” He’s a serious candidate and will have good help in Joel, but I don’t know how many more polls have to show Rudy on top (even in the South) before people understand he has staying power.

It’s a Rudy-Fred race, and I personally hope they end up on the ticket together.

Clint

8. Bill Simon says:

Between Hillary’s screeching voice and Rudy’s nasal Yankee accent, I cannot decide who would be worse to have to listen to for 4 years.

9. Clint Austin says:

Mike El – nice analogy.

Bill – I’ve had to come a long way on a lot of things to support Giuliani, including the accent!