Honeycutt to run for Congress

According to a statement on her website, Deborah Honeycutt will run for Congress in 2008:

After prayerful consideration, I have decided to run for U.S. Congress in 2008. I believe that our United States government is facing a moral crisis. As a country we are in danger of forsaking the moral cornerstone upon which our nation was founded. No longer do many of our leaders make decisions based on constitutional imperatives, time-honored values, or Christian principles. Foundational phrases like “One Nation under God” and “In God We Trust”, which symbolize the genesis of our nation are daily being assaulted by individuals and organizations with seemingly socialist agendas. Activist judges are virtually making laws from their benches, thereby usurping the powers of our U.S. Congress. Members of Congress are challenging the constitutional powers of the executive branch. The executive branch through utilizing executive orders is making judicial decrees. Where established order is not upheld, there is chaos. The current political chaos does not serve the citizens of our country well.

Honeycutt was easily defeated by Congressman David Scott in 2006.

1. Donovan Head says:

we need Herman Cain to run in the 13th, he is the only Republican who has a prayer at winning it

2. Jason Pye says:

Herman Cain is not going to waste his time or his money running for a seat that has a constituency that is an unquestionable lock for Democrats.

I wouldn’t count him out in 2010 in the 3rd District, should Westmoreland run for Governor. I have nothing to back that up though.

3. Rick Day says:

I started laughing after the first three words.

And you guys claim the libertarians are the ones infected with nuts.

Oh brother, just what we need. Another 1984 moralist using government to do their twisted bidding, amen and amen.

4. Bill Simon says:

Where in the US Constitution are these words/phrases?:

“Foundational phrases like “One Nation under God” and “In God We Trust”

5. Harry says:

With all the ethical conflicts surrounding Scott – misappropriation of funds and doesn’t even live in the district – it’s a shame the Democrats don’t have the ability to run a viable candidate in the primary and clean their house. Oh well.

6. GOPeach says:

Okay People-

You are talking about MY CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT.

Now that we all have that straight-

Let me say – Deborah Honeycutt – If you are reading this … you are a great lady and I put out so many yard signs last summer, I nearly fainted.

Then- after I tried to e-mail you and call you for weeks- you NEVER returned my calls, you NEVER thanked me, you NEVER seemed humble and gracious to those of us in South Cobb who worked like slaves to get you in. You will have to give us more LOVE in order for us to rally with you this time. Also…. can you take off the doctor garb …You look like you are advertising for your CLINIC and that looks a little self-serving …. Notice Gingrey and Price do not hang the stethescope’s around their necks and ask people for their vote…

Now then… I hope you are mad enough at me to CHANGE! I want you to get elected BUT… you will need to appeal to the common folks like a servant not a queen bee. Make sense???

You MUST BLAST DAVID SCOTT this time!
    Go Namcy Peloci on him! Give us a REASON to fire that pimp! Ya got me?

Praise the Lord!!! 🙂

7. joe says:

Man, this is scary. I actually understand what GOPeach said, and I agree. David Scott can not be defeated in the general election unless it gets real ugly and real dirty. Count me in.