I have no use for these people

The ones who march through Atlanta saying dumb sh–tuff like “There is no freedom and democracy for most people in this country.”

Um, hello?! You’re *marching* through Atlanta protesting and not getting shot. I’d say you’re living a pretty good life.

Oh, wait. You mean “most people,” but not you You mean the majority of Americans who love living here and love the freedom in the country? Because according to Gallup and other polls, *most* people are happy to be here.

Oh, wait. You mean the poor? Yeah, they have no freedom to get a job or right to vote against Chimpy McBushitler Halliburton or the right to a free elementary and secondary education.

Dirty hippies, get a job.

1. Decaturguy says:

I saw some of them last night at Daddy D’s drinking PBR and eating BBQ ribs. In the parking lot it looked like most of them drove up in their daddy’s Lexus and Land Rovers.

2. Ragnar Danneskjöld says:

I have always found it amzing that people can protest and fight for causes in which are lies.

I mean, it is fine to protest against problems that actually exist, but they are trying to fix problems that do not exist in this country.

I would like to send them to a Dictatorship for a month, and then they will see what it is really like to have to no freedom.

Damn Hippies.

3. ChuckEaton says:

I happened to catch a little of the parade yeseterday; just to be clear I was not in the parade.

It’s humorous to watch the “higher wages” folks march with the pro illegal immigration folks as comrades in arms.

4. memberg says:

This reminds me of when I got accosted back in 2004 in Foggy Bottom by some serious anti-Bush fanatic. I argued with him for a few minutes, mainly because I refuse to tolerate comparisons of America to Nazi Germany. Eventually, I just walked away saying, “Don’t worry, I’m not going to vote for Bush anyway.” His response: “How do you know there’s even going to be another election?”

5. Holly says:

Eh, these people do this as a hobby and it makes them happy. Sure, they’re deluded, but it’s not like trying to rationalize with them is going to change their opinions. It’s quite the same with the fanatical right. Those of us not on the fringe know better than to take either brand of the extremists seriously.

I think we’d all be happier if we just let them march peaceably (so long as they are peaceable, of course) as the rest of us smile and shake our heads.

Freedom of speech is a marvelous thing, particularly in this ironic situation when the ones believing they have none are practicing it. 😉

6. CobbGOPer says:

I lived in China ten years ago, and saw firsthand how the ChiComs treat their citizens. Let these folks spend a few months there, or in Zimbabwe, and deal with those regimes. Gives one a great appreciation for the freedom we enjoy as citizens here…

7. Demonbeck says:

If Jerry Garcia were still alive or if Phish were still touring, they’d have something else to do.

8. GabrielSterling says:

But Demon, Phish is still touring.

But they did just play at Variety Playhouse back on June 7, so these guys needed something to do.

Plus, since these folks seem to be living on “another plane” of existence, I’m sure Jerry’s still alive for them…at least part of the time.

9. MountainThinker says:

Erickson for City Council, because he’ll make those Dirty hippies get a job!

Now THERE’s a SLOGAN!

10. Darth Mike says:

I really have to disagree with you on this. Saying you have no use for people who freely march through a city asking for freedom…..I personally laugh quite a bit at the expense of idiots like that. I am all for the rights of the idiots of the world to freely express themselves for my amusement. I find that it lowers my stress levels.

11. Darth Mike says:

Rugby fan,

see that is what they are talking about. You are nothing but the agent of the “man” who is oppressing them by denying them there freedom to stink to hell and back by demanding that they take showers.

Sir, how dare you!

12. Inside_Man says:

I managed a good vantage point as they marched past the Capitol yesterday, I don’t remember an odor but I was about 20 feet above the street. I did find it funny that they had competing causes represented in their parade, but I also don’t think any of them would care. From where I was standing I think the only criteria for participation was to have some sort of greivance, any greivance at all would do. I have to give them credit though, it was WAY more entertaining than the immigration protests.

13. kevpriest says:

Just laugh and move along. Please do NOT take this kind of stuff seriously, it only encourages them and vindicates them in their paranoia.

14. Refresher course in Socio/Economics for the Georgia Intellectual Gang on PP:

gave this short address to 700 journalists at hahvud’s nieman narrative journalism conference in 2005, it’s probably in their oral archives.

there is more than technology at work in the msm’s decline but most didn’t want to acknowledge that. a year later, a big percentage of the journalists were “displaced.”

Ravi Batra, Southern Methodist University Economist (who probably grew up studying Sanskrit, astrology, latin & greek, as opposed to our keep em chinese manufactured-flag waving proud, dumb, barefoot, pregnant, monoligual with a cane pole & bulldog flag in their front yard approach to education in Georgia)

Anyway: Batra works on the theory of four major socio/economic cycles/stages that keep repeating themselves in society.

This is getting long, i’ll take the four cycles up in a later post, in the meantime, enjoy a glimpse into your literary future, which will most likely be governed by Rupert…

15. Demonbeck says:

I have a question, if it had rained on their parade yesterday, would the storm water run off from the collective body harm the environment?

16. Demonbeck says:

Seriously, what is the difference between Vic and spam? He’s been off topic on every thread today.

17. Demonbeck says:

I think the children would be scarred from the sight of patchouli-covered ducks floating lifeless in the pond.

18. MidGaDawg says:

I wanna give Steve Visser (writer of the story) a hug. Even the “liberal news media” can tell this crowd is a bunch of crazy people!

Some choice quotes: “Most people live in abject poverty in the richest country of the world.” – Jaribu Hill (all of those words must mean different things where he’s from…)

“We don’t want the hospitals to shut down,” said a man with a bullhorn who was riding on the back of the truck leading the parade. “We want the prisons to shut down.”

“T-shirts depicting Malcolm X were sold by entrepreneurs who know how to capitalize on any market segment.”