Someone Got A Wee Bent Out of Shape

I really just have to laugh at this one. We’ve had the email system built into Peach Pundit for a while, but until that Veterans story about Marietta hit the wire today, we’ve never used it. In fact, Clayton and I are the only ones who can use it and I suspect this just might be the only time we’ll ever use it.

I got over 450 responses to the email blast today. Every single one was appreciative. Every single one, except this one. I just thought I’d share it with you because the level of expressed hyperbolic monosyllabic outrage over something so innocuous as one email from Peach Pundit in two years of operation is totally hilarious. I hope the sender had just drunk one too many, cause otherwise someone is a bit too high strung for reality.

Erick,

Please remove me from your new email list.

I am debating unsubscribing from the PeachPundit feed because of this breach of trust. I provided my email address to register to comment on the site, and now I get spammed. Did you actually harvest email addresses from your WordPress database? I am throughly disappointed.

There is no reason that you had to send out your activist email. There are 7 days between now and the 4th of July. Why did this need to get sent out today, when readers would have plenty of time to read the article and call on there own? Why was your post not enough? And where does this stop? How many more activist emails will I get from you?

I went on and deactivated his account so he won’t have to come back here again.

1. dogface says:

There’s one whiner in every group (at least). THANKS for sending out the alert! The writer must not know how to use the “delete” button.

2. Bull Moose says:

I’m still here! Wasn’t me!

Sounds like it came from a Democrat!

Sound off — Bobby Kahn, you okay? How about it Andre? You still with us?

Who is it? I know who I wish it would be (I am Jacks Post)…

3. bowersville says:

No it was Maggie’s drawers Moss, a zero, the I’m in charge bureaucrat.

“You vets want to celebrate Independence day? You’ll do it my way.” Maggie Moss, Director, least you forget.

4. ugadog says:

hmm… I asked to be taken off the list serv too, but I definitely didn’t write a whole long e-mail about it. Wonder if I still have an account…

5. dorian says:

I am shocked and extremely offended by all of this. I thought Eric was sending that email just to me. I thought I was special. I was going to have it framed. I printed it out and showed it to all my friends. They already called me “Peach Pundit Reader”, so you can see how easy it was for me to make a mistake like this. I may sue for emotional distress.

6. Skeptical says:

And now to quote Wayne (as in Wayne’s World) “Dude…your pills…”

Seems as though someone missed their dosage of medication yesterday.

7. CobbGOPer says:

“What are these bats?”

Grift, are you on your way to Las Vegas with the Good Doctor?

“As your attorney I advise you to take a hit from the small brown bottle in my shaving kit.”

8. LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

Probably works for the legislature and is afraid he’s been exposed. “Exposed,” can I say that here?

9. gcmdaniel85 aka mr simpson,

got some good laughs out of your quotes from campaign manager school.

don’t beat up on Erick too much for not showing up, he has major laptop separation anxiety disorder but i’m trying to get him out of the house, occasionally…