Sad News for Wrestling Fans [updated]

This is sad.

A well-known professional wrestler and his family were found dead inside their house in Fayette County Monday afternoon.Authorities confirmed that Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their 7-year-old son, Daniel, were found dead at the home on Quarters and Redwine roads in Fayetteville about 4 p.m.

Officials would not say how the family died, other than to say they weren’t shot to death.

I’m not a wrestling fan, but when I was little, we used to have the WWF wrestlers over for supper — Jimmy Snuka, Tony Garea, Tito Santana, “Playboy” Buddy Rose, Rowdy Ronnie Piper, etc.

[Update by Jeff] According to DA Scott Ballard, it was a murder-suicide. Benoit apparentlykilled his wife and son over the weekend and then himself sometime Monday.”

1. jackson says:

Worse, Big Boss Man, a great guy, and a great Republican, died a few years ago as well in Paulding County.

2. drjay says:

i’m sorry–why is that?

3. Erick says:

Hahaha. Dr. Jay, I grew up in the Middle East and my oldest sister and my dad were huge wrestling fans. Whenever the WWF international tour would come to Dubai, they’d come over to our house to eat. My parents invited them the first time round and it became a tradition.

4. gatormathis says:

Big Boss man died…………that is terrible.

I saw Dusty in Cracker Barrel one time. I knew itmwas him when I saw a big gold bracelet with “Dusty” in big gold letters on his wrist

Rick Flair, I always use his personna when describing someone who “passed out” from imbibing to many “spirits”.

I’ll tell the story and then say, “Yep, he took the ole “Ric Flair two step” and hit the floor.

This refers to when an opponent takes Ric to the corner and whoops up on him good, upon which Ric takes on a “glazed” look, takes two steps from the corner, and falls flat on his face.

Classic wrestling at its best.

It is sad about this demise of a family though, and one that is being repeated way to many times day after day now in these United States.

The news this morning is full of people killing others, for various reasons. All this from a supposed “civilized” country.

5. Andre Walker says:

I remember when Ric Flair re-formed the Four Horsemen with Steve “Mongo” McMichael, Dean Malenko, and Chris Benoit.

I’m a Chris Benoit fan and saddened by his death.

Benoit was involved in some great matches and his finishing move, the Crippler Cross Face, was awesome.

I wonder what happened that made him commit suicide.

6. that testosterone will drive ya crazy

In addition, there are some gender-specific side effects:

For men-shrinking of the testicles, reduced sperm count, infertility, baldness, development of breasts, increased risk for prostate cancer.

For women-growth of facial hair, male-pattern baldness, changes in or cessation of the menstrual cycle, enlargement of the clitoris, deepened voice.

7. Jeff Emanuel says:

I don’t know about steroids, but I crossed paths with Chris Benoit in Peachtree City several times. The dude was an animal — about 5’7″ and probably 230 pounds. He owned the World Gyms in the area and looked like he lived there.