Channeling Archie Bunker: The Gays Are In Town

Here’s the street closing schedule for Atlanta.

Now, come on people! You could have planned better. Seriously. All these well dressed and fashion conscious underdressed people in town for the weekend surely should have coordinated better and come next weekend for the iPhone release.

Every person with great fashion sense should have a stylish phone!

Of course, come to think of it, I will be in line for a Jesus Phone next week. So, probably better that the crowds be gone by then. All you gays get out by Friday!

As an aside, there will also apparently be a tribute to Dick Van Dyke this evening at 6 p.m., at least I guess that’s what the Dyke March is about.

Have a great weekend.

1. GOPeach says:

The city of Atlanta has created a Constitution-free zone on public property for this weekend’s 2007 Atlanta Pride festival, according to pastors and lawyers who have been trying to secure an assurance that Christians’ free-speech rights will be protected. “The Constitution does not apply in Piedmont Park this weekend,” attorney Joel Thornton, of the International Human Rights Group told WND.

2. Donkey Kong says:

Hahaha. In the name of equal rights under the constitution, the GLBT folks have suspended constitutional rights.

3. I Am Jacks Post says:

I’ll definitely be there this weekend–it’s been at least a couple of years since I last heard John Barrow speak.

4. Donkey Kong says:

Will John Edwards be at the rally?

GOPeach, its about time you put down your opium pipe and came out of that tent you’re in. 😉

5. Erick, now that you brought up Jesus, here is a suggested Ringtone Song for your new mememe-phone…

Kris Kristofferson circa 1972

Jesus was a Capricorn
    He ate organic foods
    He believed in love and peace
    And never want no shoes

Long hair beard and sandals
    And a funky bunch of friends
    Reckon we’d just nail him up
    If he ever came down again

Cause everybody’s got to have somebody to look down on
    Who they can feel better than anytime they please
    Someone doin’ somethin’ dirty Decent folks can frown on
    If you can’t find nobody else just help yourself to me

Eggheads cussin Rednecks cussin
    Hippies fall their hair
    Others laugh at freaks who laugh at
    Straights who laugh at squares

Some folks hate the Whites
    Who hate the Blacks who hate the Klan
    Most of us hate anything that
    We don’t understand

Cause everybody’s got to have somebody to look down on
    Who they can feel better than at anytime they please

Someone doin’ somethin’ dirty Decent folks can frown on
    If you can’t find nobody else just help yourself to me

6. mondaymorningqb says:

Gee, Peach, I thought religious stigmatas only appeared on the hands and feet…..

“For God sent His Son into the world not to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.”–John 3:17

7. GOPeach says:

When the sick came to Jesus , He said-
    ” GO and sin no more.”

Jesus paid the price for sin and sickness on the cross. It is up to men to REPENT ( turn to the GRACE of GOD) and accept His loving kindness and tender mercies.

We are taking this PRIDE thing like it is a joke-
    It is no joke – PRIDE comes before a fall.

God rejects the proud and gives grace to the humble.

8. GoPeach,

Will you please provide a full sexual history of your family, starting with Noah, your great great grandparents and going as far down as the chain and whips extend.

That way, our legislators will know what type of laws need to be crafted to cater to your family’s sexual needs.

thanks

9. Rick Day says:

ahh..it would just not be a Sabbath without a good ole stereotype from the Department of Righteous Peachy Ones ™.

Your God is so gonna spank you!

10. Rusty says:

There’s some disinformation here. The City of Atlanta did attempt to create the Orwellian-sounding “free speech zones” that I believe some commenters were referencing. There was outrage from all corners, ranging from the ACLU all the way to anti-gay pastor Billy Ball (a regular heckler at these events who has a pending lawsuit against the city). The city, not expecting the backlash it received, has since scrapped those plans.

11. katurner says:

Erick:
    Will there be someone handing out “Ponder the Possibilities” at the 07 Gay Pride festivities?

She owes the Stonewalls (not Jackson either). Come to think of it the rebel flaggers might be dumb enough to try to join the Stonewall Democrats thinking the group is a fan of the famous and respected Confederate general.
    KT

12. Romegaguy says:

Peachy probably wrote her comments while eating a cheeseburger, wearing cotton/poly blends and too much makeup. All things prohibited in the bible.

13. Decaturguy says:

I was there folks and don’t worry, there were “Chrisitan” street protesters there as well as dozens of church groups marching in the parade. Free speech is alive and well!

14. Erick says:

Dorian, no clue about that one.

Decaturguy, have fun? I always think Christian protesters are a bit silly. They should be praying, not out protesting.

15. dorian says:

Ok then. When did it become so important that the homosexuals be validated? Why do I have to tell them they are OK? I mean look at the posts just on this board. A little jab about christianity here. A little knock on how much more enlightened the folks are who embrace the homosexual lifestyle there. I don’t get it.

If you ask me, the whole homosexual agenda is about validation. They don’t really want the right to be married. Marriage is just a word. It isn’t the word they want. It is the meaning behind the word. They want to be validated.

So, my question was, when did that become so important? And, I guess why?

16. Erick says:

About my comment two comments ago, I wrote fast and ran out and want to expand:

I think Christian protests are fine, but I think they should be prayerful protests, not yelling with placards. A number of pro-life groups have done very well by standing across from abortion clinics praying.

Much more effective, I think, than yelling at the poor souls going in to kill their child.

17. Harry says:

dorian,

It’s about the validation, and it’s also about the fringe benefits and pension benefits for “co-copulant companions”. Follow the money if you’re looking at governmental and corporate employee benefit plan budgets.

18. Decaturguy says:

They are silly Erick, but I would defend their right to be there as much as our right to have a parade.

19. GOPeach says:

Rick Day-

The Sabbath is not on Sunday – Good try- 🙂

Romeguy-

Fisrt of all — I do not eat cheeseburgers-
    I am Kosher! 🙂

Secondly— I do not wear polyester –
    Silks, cotton, & cashmere olny! 🙂

Finally- I am a natural beauty ( often mistaken for Sandra Dee ) so I do not need too much make up. 🙂

[ I normally would not post such personal info about myself, but you brought it up).

20. GOPeach says:

Dorian & Harry-
    You are 100% correct!!! Well said –

Let’s define PRIDE:

1. a high or inordinate opinion of one’s own importance, merit, or superiority.

2. the state or feeling of being proud.

3. Arrogant or disdainful conduct or treatment; haughtiness.

4. An excessively high opinion of oneself; conceit.

Synomyms:

airs, assumption, big-headedness*, cockiness*, conceit, condescension, disdain, egotism, haughtiness, hauteur, immodesty, insolence, loftiness, morgue, overconfidence, patronage, pragmatism, presumption, pretension, proud flesh*, self-exaltation, self-importance, self-love, smugness, snobbery, superciliousness, swagger, swelled head*, vainglory, vanity

It is all about validation and social acceptance!

So the homesexuals organize a lude flamboyant “celebration” of sexually perverted promiscuity including inocent children.

This is against the law people!!

Thoe who stand against this are slammed by those who lack the chutzpah to speak up.

21. Decaturguy says:

This is against the law people!!

It is against the law? Who, again, is the one trying to limit free speech?

You really should attend the next Pride GOPeach. I’d venture to say that there are more churches and religious institutions represented in the parade and at the festival than any other group and probably more so than at any festival held in Atlanta all year!

22. gatormathis says:

an e-mail a friend sent me………

My flight was being served by an obviously gay
    flight attendant, who seemed to put everyone in a good mood as he served us food and drinks.

As the plane prepared to descend, he came swishing down the aisle and told us that “Captain Marvey has asked me to announce that he’ll be landing the big scary plane shortly, so lovely people, if you could just
    put your trays up, that would
    be super.”

On his trip back up the aisle, he noticed this
    well-dressed and rather Arabic looking woman hadn’t moved a muscle. “Perhaps you didn’t hear
    me over those big brute engines but I asked you to
    raise your trazy-poo, so the main man can pitty-pat us on the ground.”

She calmly turned her head and
    said, “In my country, I am called a Princess and I
    take orders from no one.”

To which (I swear) the flight attendant replied,
    without missing a beat,
    “Well, sweet-cheeks, in my country I’m called a
    Queen, so I out rank you.
    Tray-up, Bitch

23. dorian says:

GOPeach, I have to be honest. I am pretty much a hypocrite. While I don’t agree with (for lack of a better phrase) the homosexual agenda, mostly I am just of a mind that “if I validate you will you shut the hell up, go away, and leave me alone.” Primarily, this is because, short term, I just don’t see anything they do as being relevant to me or my life. Although, long term I know that it is. It just gets tiresome, and I see how people who try and stand up in opposition to them get character assassinated. You really can’t have a debate.

24. GOPeach says:

Dorian-

The whole ” the Gay Way or the High Way” agenda will not just ” shut the hell up and go away”….. oh no sir ee bob!…

It’s about tecahing homesexuality in public school as a normal way to be.

It’s about affirmative action… etc… etc….

It is forcing STRAIGHT FAMILIES to opposed these people big time!

I may be in the slim minority here on PP-
    but… not in the MASS MAJORITY IN AMERICA!

I am am a licensed counselor and I have never met a homosexual who was really happy about thier life….

I will say that they are some of the kindest, most intellegent, and hardest working people I know… but they are not glad to be “gay”.

25. GOPeach says:

LOL …

Got the grandkids today….
    Let’s try this again… “Typoisms”

It’s about teaching homesexuality in public school as a normal way to be.

Cool people accept it — Bigots reject it.

It’s about affirmative action… etc… etc….

It is forcing STRAIGHT FAMILIES to oppose these people big time!

I may be in the slim minority here on PP-
    but… not in the MASS MAJORITY IN AMERICA!

26. grabbingsand says:

Looks like nobody is going to call Peach out on her incredibly callous “Reality Check,” so I’m going to do it in the simplest way I know.

34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’

Notice there are no provisos, no stipulations, no qualifiers. The poor are the poor, the imprisoned are the imprisons, and — to my point — the sick are the sick.

Black-hearted attitudes like yours fuel fires of growing resentment toward Christianity as a whole. Which is ironic, because such behavior is far from anything remotely Christ-like.

It is one thing to maintain an opinion and to state your beliefs. Feel free. It is quite another to place yourself on a pedestal of judgment that you simply have no right to claim. You are not an arbiter of punishment. Make your arguments and state your case as best you can …

But before you decide again to use the horrible and scarring effects of advanced HIV/AIDS to “illustrate” your “point,” stop and consider what you’re doing. In that moment, you’re no longer arguing a point. You’re mocking a victim of disease. And the sheer amount of hatred required to do that should shake you to your core.

27. JAC1975 says:

My personal favorite was the sign that said:

God
    Abhors
    You

Oh, and screaming a young children about how their mommies or daddies were going to be burning in hell while Satan committed various GRAPHICALLY described sexual acts against them. This was all done while holding a video camera in the terrified child’s face.

28. GOPeach says:

grabbingsand —

Get over yourself already!!!

Didn’t your Mommy teach you not to stick your pee pee into somebody’s fanny??

That is DIRTY – nasty – and causes disease. In case you have substituted your Human Anatomy book for your Bible — I will refresh your memory:

Your rectum is where you deficate – things come out not go in! Follow me???

NEWSFLASH!!!
    God did not create your butt to get pregnant and give birth the babies!!!

You call me ” black hearted” – I could care less!

FYI- I have worked GRADY AIDS CLINIC for many years and watched these poor men dehydrate with sores all over their bodies. Everyone abandoned them. I was their counselor and I cared that they did not die alone.

They were very sorry that they broke their mother and father’s hearts by being a whore and dying because of it! Many cursed God. Some repented.