Election Day Open Thread.

What’s happening in the 10th CD? What does turnout look like? Any election day shenanigans?

How about some predictions? I think something unexpected is going to happen. I’ll go out on a limb and say Bill Greene makes a runoff with Whitehead and Marlow is left out in the cold. 🙂

There’s also a SPLOST vote going on in Bartow County. Any other votes taking place today?

1. Icarus says:

A friend of mine attended a breakfast at Ft. Mac this morning. Said Nate Pulliam was greeting people at the door at 7:00 am, and was still there at 9:00am.

Think the Athens paper is glad they wasted an endorsement on someone who’s spending election day morning gripping for votes 100 miles from his district?

2. Observer says:

No way Whitehead wins in round 1. Too many candidates.

Whitehead 44%
    Broun 22%
    Marlow 15%
    Freeman 7%
    Greene 5%

3. Andre Walker says:

The City of Chattahoochee Hills is holding their referendum today.

If Chat Hills incorporates, South Fulton will be the only unincorporated area left in Fulton County.

4. Misunderestimitated says:

I think Observer is right. Broun and Marlow will fight for second place, while Freeman and Greene fight for fourth.

I’ll also say Bill Jackson has a decent chance of winning the State Senate spot without a runoff.

5. In the loop says:

Oh, and Oconee has staggered commission terms, and Banks has Sunday liquor by the drink. There’s also the Senate 24 race.

6. Bull Moose says:

The 10th will be interesting to watch to see if the GOP vote is depressed, energized or what…

7. Bull Moose says:

Let me add that in my area of the state, there is a STRONG anti incumbent mood.

There are too many unresolved issues on the tables and incumbents are showing a lack of political courage in tackling the big problems.

I get the feeling there is a growing sense of unease.

It hasn’t matriculated yet, but it is brewing.

8. Federalist says:

There is one thing I have noticed about the GOPers that give predictions in this forum…they think that there are more repubs in this district than there are. There is noway that whitehead will get over 35%. There are not that many republicans in the district.

9. drjay says:

one of the things that i think will work in whiteheads favor is that the race to succeed him in the state senate is also today–giving folks in columbia (which usually has good turnout) and surrounding counties an extra reason to go to the polls today that might be lacking in toccoa or even athens…

10. Lee Benedict says:

I voted at noon (in Columbia County) and was told that I was the 75th voter and “That’s a good thing”. The Augusta Chronicle recently posted that Columbia County turnout is EXPECTED to be 20-30%.
    In the loop: I also heard that Nate may challenge Saxby. I didn’t hear that from Nate himself or anyone from his campaign…that’s just what I heard.

11. debbie0040 says:

It will be interesting to see how Sen. Chambliss’s endorsement of Whitehead plays out…

12. It is currently pouring down rain in Clayton County. If the weather is this bad throughout the 10th CD, then turnout should be even lower than 10 percent.

The lower the turnout, the better for Whitehead.

Also, I predict Paul Broun garners more votes than Marlow.

13. drjay says:

i don’t know what its based on, but someone on another blog posted higher than expected turnout in athens???

14. drjay says:

well IF athens turnout is higher that may be why–perhaps i was not clear–i meant i do not know what the poster was basing his claim about the turnout on–or the source of his info that athens turnout is “higher than expected”

15. bowersville says:

The wife and I voted at 12:30 pm, #111 & 112, Hart County.

During the general at about the same time, 150ish. Runoff after last years primary around noon, # 45-50.

The poll workers stated turnout was higher than expected over the area. Rain has just passed through.

Making phone calls earlier, I found two people, who I know to vote every time the booth is open, hadn’t made up their mind…unusual.

16. JasonW says:

There is a HEAVILY controversial election in Camden County, over establishing a Tax Allocation District for a huge development being built on a piece of property formerly occupied by a paper mill. I’ll be following this race, as I voted in support of the district, but many did not.

17. Federalist says:

what history, the 10 district voting history for congress? go figure…freeman ran twice (she is a joke) holley? (he was a joke). Look at the county commission elections and the constitutional office (statewide) totals for the district.