1. Demonbeck says:

I wish that NASCAR and hockey had their own channels devoted to the complete coverage of every nuance of each sport so that fans could watch, discuss and learn every aspect of the past-times that they love. I think it would be wonderful to provide these channels and that ESPN should get to work immediately on them.

That way I could block them from my television and never have to deal with either again.

2. Mike-El says:

NASCAR I’ll give you but is hockey really that inescapable? The first game of the Stanley Cup finals was lower-rated than the WNBA All-Star Game.

3. buzzbrockway says:

Wait, if Jeff and Little E can come together…..peace on Earth? dogs and Jackets call a truce? bipartisanship? Ford and Chevy drivers feel the love?

Nah, that’s crazy talk.

4. Tommy_a2b says:

Bill Elliott and David Pearson maybe (they were fords then.) Matt Kenseth and Kurt Busch only because that is what they get paid to say.

5. Mike-El says:

Kyle Busch is leaving Hendrick to make room for Junior…and DEI is supposedly interested in Kyle. Can you imagine the heads exploding all over The South at the thought of Kyle Busch in the #8 car? Tattoo parlors are about to do some booming ink-removing business.

6. jsm says:

NASCAR used to be fun to watch. The rules have gotten so stupid now that I lost interest. When I was a boy, I thought the sport contributed to aerodynamic design of cars for the road. Now that every car is a space frame with different stickers on the front, I’m not sure I understand the reasoning behind having different brands involved. Everyone might as well be driving the same frame with the same engine. None of the engines are based on anything that will make it to a production car anymore. Heck, Toyota’s Cup engine is designed and built in a special plant specifically for the track and never has nor never will see a production vehicle. Nextel Cup and the Busch Series are pretty useless now if you ask me.

NASCAR has alienated its core fan base while trying to attract new fans. It’s become a flashy, adrenaline-charged organization–kinda like shining a turd. I’d rather go watch the rednecks at the dirt track in Toccoa or the local drivers at Lanier Speedway in Braselton. Those are still fun to watch.

Meanwhile, Junior, Gordon, Johnson, et al, will continue making millions driving cookie cutter rockets that were built for them and crying about the other millionaire who spun them out.