Michael Vick is a very, very bad man

At least, that’s the case according to a source found by ESPN.

Our confidential source said he’s been involved in dog fighting for more than 30 years. He has trained and fought — by his estimation — about 2,000 pit bulls and was poised to tell “Outside the Lines” about the time in 2000 when his dog squared off against a dog owned by someone he referred to as one of the “heavyweights” of the dog fighting world: Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick.”He’s a pit bull fighter,” the source said of Vick. “He’s one of the ones that they call ‘the big boys’: that’s who bets a large dollar. And they have the money to bet large money. As I’m talking about large money — $30,000 to $40,000 — even higher. He’s one of the heavyweights.”

That doesn’t sound very good. Neither does this:

Everybody in the dog world is worried about Michael Vick talking. Michael Vick is making large money; he’s making millions, OK? And if he has to tell on some people [to avoid prison time], I think he would tell … I don’t put nothing past him.

Ouch.

1. gatormathis says:

Michael Vick is a man who follows no rules.

Where is the out cry from the highly “touted” Humane Society on this issue?

I guess there are just to many fans in the HS organization to chastize Vick on this subject.

Betting big money on dog’s killing each other, yea, that’s a good role model type past time.

I guess I can’t complain though, I don’t watch enough football for him to get a dime out of me, so I’m not supporting his activities.

That is unless you count an occasional stop for a hotel in Atlanta that helps with revenue to support Vick’s home Dome.

Why not make it interesting and throw him in with a pit full of the bulldogs…………….

…….and he can “scramble” his way out……..

2. Demonbeck says:

The Falcons traded their best quarterback Matt Schaub in the offseason. I guess we’ll end up suffering through a few seasons with some new version of Chris Chandler after Vick is locked up.

3. Darth Mike says:

As someone who has dealt with confidential informants (CIs) in the past, a CI will tell you what he thinks you want to hear. Sometimes, it is the truth, other times, it is a complete fabrication.

As a person who loves the political process, I hate to say this (as I am an animal lover), but show me some coorborating evidence to the CI’s “testi-money” before I believe him. After all, does anyone really believe that the CI did not get paid by ESPN for the exclusive?

4. patriot says:

I,m not sure if it is a coincidence, but at the Stone Mountain laser show last night, when the Major League sports teams of GA were featured, the music accompanying the Falcons animation was “… who let the dogs out…?” Hmmm?

5. Federalist says:

What do you want from the guy? A videotape of Vick declaring that he is Michael Vick, a photo of him holding his driver’s license, etc? These guys were at an illegal event, the only eye witness testimony will be a person coming forward. He did it anonymously too, so he is obviously not craving fame and attention. I do not think that he got paid by ESPN…honestly, all that would do is hurt ESPN…just remember that unlike Fox News or CBS, ESPN is not pushing a political agenda.

6. Federalist says:

I am not advocating Vick’s guilt, mind you. But if this guy goes to the police, they will have enough to go to a grand jury and get the indictment, and then law enforcement and the da’s can weigh in.

7. Darth Mike says:

ESPN may not be pushing a political agenda, but they sure do try to push controversy. That is good for ratings. Hence the entire Outside the Lines shows. Don’t get me wrong, I love ESPN, but I also realize that their revenue comes from the ratings on the shows and the amount that companies are willing to pay for commercials on those shows.

As for a guy doing it anonymously, ok, I agree, that may mean that he does not want fame and attention. That DOES NOT mean that he does not want to get paid. Nobody who is involved in criminal actions does anything for free. They always have a reason for informing. Revenge, help themselves out of legal trouble, and getting paid are the three reasons that people work as CIs. Not the most honorable of reasons, and as a result, EVREYTHING they say is suspect until coorborated. Any good prosecutor will tell you the same thing. To blindly trust a CI is to ask for trouble.

As for what I want, I want admissible evidence. A person who says “This is my name, I am willing to testify in court. I am getting no benefit to come forward and say this.” I do not want a guy that will not give his identity.

I want coorboration such as “On the date that the guy claims that Mike Vick was at the dog fight…where do travel records show Mike Vick was?”

Remember, allegations from nameless people are inadmissable in court.

8. Darth Mike says:

By the way, I am not defending Vick.

I am defending the process and the quick rush to judgment given that almost all people feel this crime is awful.

Right now, we have:

1) A heinous crime having been allegedly committed;

2) Person(s) who are not likable to most people because of their wildness and irresponsibility in many day to day actions;

3) The alleged crime having been committed at a residence that the person(s) have been at before;

4) The alleged crime having been committed at a residence that the person(s) have a connection or affiliation to;

5) A person who admits to having been involved in illegal felony activity making accusations against other people (and you say to trust them because they are talking about serious crimes having been committed.

I agree, you can take that to the grand jury. But many prosecutors will admit that you could get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich of killing JFK.

When I look at what has been published, the factors numbered above, at this time, it sounds a hell of alot like that other big rush to judgment, called the Duke Lacrosse Scandal.

THere are allegations

9. Federalist says:

I do not think that any witness will come forward with physical, tangible evidence. The DA’s will get that, if it exists, when they roll through the bank accounts, and business accounts that have Vick’s name on them…there could also possibly be a vicarious liability charged to Vick because this was his property. As for the ESPN thing you mentioned, I couldn’t agree more.

10. Darth Mike says:

Sorry, I left the last sentence incomplete.

Remember, there are allegations made by honorable, named citizens. These can be trusted.

Allegations made by a nameless persons who CONFESSES to committing FELONIES (making that persona felon) do not fall into the category of “trusted sources” to me.

11. Darth Mike says:

One problem with the bank account approach. The amounts that Vick likely bet is pocket change to him, similar to me betting $20 on March Madness (which I don’t because that would be bad and wrong honest Uncle Sam)

The only way Vick will go down is if they can get 2 or 3 named people who are not in trouble or under investigation who will testify that Vick was there. The problem with this is that to say that he was there is to admit that you were there and participating in felony activity. That is why you need several people. 3 felons saying the same thing and not getting a benefit to do so is almost relaible to me.

They will still need something more substantial to tie Vick in. Travel records, records of paying for treatment of injured “winning” dogs, wire tap and have Vick recorded making comments, a “clean” person saying they saw Vick there or heard him talking about being at a dog fight, etc.
    Something like that would tie him in.

While wire taps are usually done nly in major drug cases, there could be a basis here due to the implications of federal and state tax violations and given the huge size of the “underground industry”

Afterall, Capone went down for tax vioaltions of not reporting illegal income, not for committing any actual crimes.

12. Demonbeck says:

Darth Mike,

You should spend more time on the practice field with your receivers than off the field with your brother Darth Marcus.

13. Darth Mike says:

Nicki, its not the “alleged” which needs to be added. I think that Jeff Emanuel meant that Vick is baaaaaad man, like Shaft….

Who’s the black private dick that’s a sex machine to all the chicks?
    Ron Mexico!
    Ya damn right!

Who is the man that would risk his (dog’s) neck for his brother man(‘s entertainment)?
    Vick!
    Can you dig it?

Who’s the cat that won’t cop out (and give names of dog fighters) when there’s (prosecution) danger all about?
    Vick!
    Right On!

They say this cat Vick is a bad (waterbottle smuggling) mother . . .
    “Shut your mouth!”
    I’m talkin’ ’bout Vick.
    Then we can dig it!

He’s a complicated man, but no one understands him but his woman(‘s doctor who prescribes his Valtrex)
    Mike Vick!

yea, I am pretty sure that the Shaft lyrics show that Vick is one baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad mother….

14. Federalist says:

hurry up an copyright that Darth, before someone steals it, makes a video and posts it on You Tube.

15. Bull Moose says:

We need down here in Slowvannah need to figure out how to make our own podcasts and videos and post them to you tube and such!