New blogger in Georgia

Mitch Skandalakis, former Fulton County Commission Chairman and candidate for Lt. Governor, has started blogging. Check it out here.

I gave Mitch a hand with setting up the blog and got him hosting. It’s not finished yet, but keep checking back.

1. SpaceyG says:

He’s going to do well in the blogosphere. He’s already got that bare knuckles feel for things, given the tone of his first post: “To make matters worse, now we have to look at Nancy Pelosi’s face and Harry Reid’s mug every day…”

Welcome to the blogosphere, Mitch. Free hot air and a pony for all!

2. Icarus says:

You’ve got to be freaking kidding me. Is today April 1st? Is he mad at “Republican Leadership” because they didn’t learn from his corrupt mistakes? UGGGHHHH!

3. Bill Simon says:

He may not have had good sense when he was doing what he got caught doing, but Mitch has one helluva good sense of humor that I hope will come out in his blog.

4. Bill Simon says:

FYI to you Dem bloggers: Mitch got caught because he made the biggest spectacle of himself and attracted attention.

There are a LOT of Dem legislators (and other Dem elected officials) who are/were just as corrupt as Mitch was…but, there’s only so much law enforcement manpower available to go after all of the crooks. Law enforcement likes to go after low-hanging fruit…like Mitch…and that other guy….oh, yeah: BILL CAMPBELL.

5. drjay says:

can someone remind me what he got caught doing–i seem to remember it being a martha stewart-ish conviction-in that-he lied to investigators, but was not actually convicted of any other “wrong doing” maybe someone form up around metro can fill me in a little better??

6. Bill Simon says:

As I recall, he received a campaign donation at Time X from Party A.

He swore to the feds that he received no contribution from Party A during a time period before the commission voted on Party A’s project. He was wrong on the timing of the contribution and so the feds caught him in a case of “misrepresenting the facts to federal law enforcement.”

He served his time and has suffered a loss of his marriage and his personal life.

If anyone wants to get on here and slam Mitch any more than he’s already suffered, you make damn sure your life is as squeaky-clean as possible.

And…of course, if you are going to slam Mitch for his misdeeds, try to do so under YOUR REAL NAME.

7. Icarus says:

Bill,

My real name is on Mr. Skandalakis’s campaign disclosure. That money was used to either 1) do a hit piece accusing Mark Taylor of being a cocaine addict, an accuasation of which Mr. Skandalakis had no proof, or 2) Used to pay for some companionship in Vegas, of which Mr. Skandalakis quickly and publicly blamed his 20 something year old nephew for when the calls to the brothel were uncovered, or 3) Used to fund ads playing dixie with a confederate flag in the background, costing the entire Republican ticket victories and setting back race-relations in this state a decade.

I find it amazing that you trash almost every elected Republican official for not being worthy of thier post, and this is the guy you want to rush to defend.

I believe that good people do make mistakes, and they are entitled to earn redemption. I probably wouldn’t have chosen my screen name as I did if I didn’t feel that way. But by making his first public comments as an attack on Republicans for their failures is a little to hypocritical for me to stomach.

8. Bill Simon says:

“Rush to defend?”

I didn’t defend him at all, Icarus-Whoever-You-Are.

I simply strongly urged that anyone who wished to slam him do so under their real name. What’s your problem with THAT statement, Mr./Mrs. Whomever.

9. Jason Pye says:

Mitch has done his time. His debt is paid. I understand that people want to get their shots in. I’ve gotten to know him over the last six months. He is a good guy that made some mistakes and he has paid for them and it is now over.