Legislator facing DUI charge?

Fox 5 just did a promo for the news tonight that mentioned a legislator who is facing a DUI charge. It looked like Ben Harbin, but I’m not certain.

Watch the news tonight.

[UPDATE] Yeah, it’s Ben Harbin. He was involved in crash in Atlanta and charged with a DUI.

[UPDATE II] Buzz has provided the link to the news story.

1. Icarus says:

That’s what it looked like to me as well, but nothing on their website, nothing on AJC, nothing on Google News….

2. James T. says:

It was Ben Harbin. Also, I wanted to say a hello to Buzz, I am sure you remember me. I am David Casas Director.

3. Icarus says:

Missed the news. Had to watch Entourage. Didn’t want Rep. Ehrhart to make a Vinnie Chase or Turtle reference and me not get it…

4. Lee Benedict says:

Yes, I’m glad that my Rep was not injured too. That said, if you make the choice to drive drunk, I care about the safety of innocent people who may be injured, not the drunk driver. I will reserve additional comments until all of the facts come out.
    Holly, did you (as I did) sign an online petition for Georgians for Fred Thompson?

5. Holly says:

Apparently Ben hit a utility pole, so it was a one person accident, thank all. I agree with you on the rest, but I am still glad he’s not hurt. Well, aside from the apparent cut on his face.

I did sign such a petition, yes, and I proudly wore a Draft Fred sticker on Saturday at the convention.

6. SevenHillsDem says:

Ehrhart watches Entourage? He’s totally the coolest GOP member of the State House now.

7. Skeptical says:

“IndyInjun // May 20, 2007 at 8:39 pm

Oh, its probably a Democrat. We know how THOSE GUYS are, don’t we? ”

“THOSE GUYS” can’t hold a candle to the “family/moral values” crowd.

Would you like to kiss my ass before or after you apologize to all Democrats?

8. Bill Simon says:

IndyInjun,

And just WHERE were you on the issue a few years back when your Dem hero Douglas Dean got caught with an illicit drug in his vehicle?

9. Skeptical says:

Thanks for the heads up Holly, although I will still wait until I hear it from ol’ IndyInjun myself.

And it doesn’t matter whether it’s a Dem or a Rep. This man put the public in danger. Luckily, for him and everyone else, no one was hurt, but there was still that potential.

By running for office, these people ask us to hold them to a higher standard. Saying I’m sorry just doesn’t cut it!

10. Bill Simon says:

In order for a person to be facetious, they have to have some sense of a humor.

Dems are people born without a sense of humor, so, Indy could not have been being facetious…but, rather, “sarcastic.”

11. Skeptical says:

Obviously, Democrats have a fantastic sense of humor. It’s been the only thing that has kept us going as we’ve watched in horror as the Republicans have screwed this country beyond recognition.

12. IndyInjun says:

Hahahaha……..

When I first saw this, I said NO WAY this is MY Rep. Ben Harbin, so I rummaged around in my garbage can, found my GOP partisan hat, put it on and posted that it must have been a Dem with tongue firmly in cheek.

I should have known better. The GOP is rotten to its very core. I continue to support Bill Jackson and Jim Whitehead THIS TIME, despite their claiming the mantle of the WORST POLITICAL PARTY IN US HISTORY.

Holly, you are right. Although I have been active in a number of Columbia County GOP campaigns and contributed financially over the last 25 years, I now detest the party with a fervor that I never thought possible.

If you are looking for the greater of two evils, it is now spelled GOP.

13. Demonbeck says:

“If you are looking for the greater of two evils, it is now spelled GOP.”

If that is indeed the case, then you spelled “the greater of two evils” incorrectly the first time around.

Corrected, the statement should have then read, “If you are looking for GOP, it is now spelled GOP.”

Either way, I don’t agree with your assessment, because I believe that “the greater of two evils” should always be spelled “the greater of two evils” and pronounced “the University of Florida Gators”

14. IndyInjun says:

Naah, Auburn War Eagles/Tigers/Plainsmen….but if University of Alabama does not quit being an elephant like the GOP they might be up for consideration…..

15. Darth Mike says:

Just want to point out that some people seem to have forgotten that you are innocent until proven guilty. Until you plead guilty or are convicted, you are innocent. (Think Duke rape scenario.)

With DUI laws and requirements, not every single person charged with DUI actually gets convicted of DUI. A great DUI lawyer can uphold the Constitution and get a person who appears guilty off.

16. Darth Mike says:

Just try to remember, just because the “Guvment” chooses to charge you with a crime does not mean that he is actually guilty of the crime. The people on this site (even more than any other site) should realize that, as the Duke rape fiasco showed, you are not guilty until you are actually convicted.