The Official Logo

image

I once heard Margaret Thatcher say that should anyone in politics every tell you to think outside the box, fire them immediately. I’ve always thought that was sound advice. Her point was that there are few new ideas, but many old ideas needing to be remembered or rethought.

That’s what I think of with this logo. It’s new — Web 2.0 without the pastels — and very clean, but it’s not something unheard of. There is some traditional anchorage in it. (You all know my love of logos and campaign signs) And it’s all compliments of the Stoneridge Group, the best damn mail house/design shop in Georgia. Thanks very much guys. I love the colors and I love the look.

1. bird says:

Erick, I like the logo, but I’m here to talk policy!

Regarding your platform, may I make a suggestion? This past weekend, my wife and I were driving from Atlanta to Savannah to celebrate our anniversary (and brainstorm mass transit solutions for Atlanta with Demonbeck), and we ran through a bevy of the most tasteless billboards in the State. Are any of these advertised massage parlors in Macon proper? It seems these could be shut down in short order if a couple of undercover cops were to infiltrate.

If they aren’t in Macon, ANNEX! You would be doing decent citizens a great service. I’m no prude, but signs for massage parlors promoting truck parking and showers don’t belong on the highway (and turn my stomach).

And I’m a Democrat who believes in a secular government. Just think how much mileage you would get out of the law and order Christian Righties!

2. Erick says:

Bird, one of my number one goals is to get rid of them.

Did you know that a national survey of these places conducted for the Department of Justice revealed those places are real hotbeds of slavery — actual freakin slavery!

3. Bull Moose says:

Erick, great! Excellent. I’ll have to talk to Stoneridge about my own efforts should I decide to make a run.

4. macongop says:

Erick, we both know that Cole tried and got slammed over shutting down the massage parlors. Also, don’t forget about the undercover cops that had to go back several times to really see if that what happened to them. I’m sure there was some evidence collected, aka.. some stains somewhere….

5. Bull Moose says:

Erick, I understand that we are at the same table on Saturday morning… I’ll see you Friday, but looking forward to catching up with you.

6. Bill Simon says:

Erick,

It is a fine logo…but, I wonder what the Freudian implication is for the word “son” to be singled-out with a different color. I can predict gnashing of teeth from your opponents and the mumbling of “That damned SON” from their mouths. 🙂

7. GOPeach says:

Ignore that last comment… sheeeeeeze

Erick – That is GREAT!

I LOVE this sign. It strong, simple, and clean.
    It also does not look political – It looks like a BANK logo or something. NICE

8. jsm says:

“And didn’t I suggest in a previous comment that you think about capitalizing on”Erick” being in your name twice?”

I don’t think everyone gets the reason for ‘erick’ and ‘son’ being in different colors.

I like it, and it’s got that little flag thingy in there that most stoneridge signs have.

9. gatormathis says:

I was figuring Erick was sublimily trying to infuse a little “Foghorn Leghorn” into his campaign.

Surely everyone remembers the big cartoon rooster walking about spouting “son” in almost every scene.

I can hear the ad now……………

“Dat’s rite boy, vote for Erick , son, you hea…….”

Then again, there is a rumor spreading that the candidate’s given name is really Rick.

Said candidate hopes to captilize on the popularity of the computer age by adding the e in front , as in “e-mail”.

good luck e-rick………..

10. Bill Simon says:

JSM,

Please clue me in to the reason for the color separation in Erick’s last name.

Gator,

You might have, I say, You might have hit the nail on the head, Son…

11. Bill Simon says:

I didn’t get it…I do now…like I was telling Demonbeck on another thread yesterday, yesterday wasn’t a good day for a clear head for me.