Marlowe and the ChiComs

Someone is out to link Marlowe to the Chinese imprisonment of a dissident. Marlowe worked for Yahoo!, which turned over emails from the dissident to the Chinese. Someone wants Marlowe to denounce Yahoo!’s actions, which he should. Even Google has apologized for similar action.

1. SpaceyG says:

Erick, oh Erick. I used to work for Home Depot. Should I now denounce Bernie Marcus because Gasper and Ralph died at the Aquarium? And let’s see, while we’re all at it, where did you used to work?

2. Demonbeck says:

Erick lives in Macon and I am telling people not to vote for him until he apologizes for Little Richard.

3. Rusty says:

LOL, that person used the same American flag graphic I used in mine.

Yahoo shouldn’t have bent and turning over the info was wrong. But unless Marlowe was directly involved in the negotiations that led to the info being turned over, I’d say the author of this video can stick an apology up his ass.

The U.S. government tortures prisoners without even charging them, and I’m a U.S. citizen. Do I owe anybody an apology? If so, then you and just about everyone else who comments here does as well.

4. LymanHall says:

This is ridiculous. First of all, its Marlow, not Marlowe. I think this video is good news…someone is afraid that a little ol’ Democrat is gaining traction enough to force an uncomfortable run-off. Maybe someone will look into Firestone’s actions and try to connect them to tire-salesman extraordinaire, Jimmy “Iraq’s No Big Deal” Whitehead.

5. Jmac says:

Two Puck references in two separate posts. Well done my friend.

But, yes, this is absurd. It’s illogical to suggest Marlow take any responsibility for this. Denounce it? Sure, if he wants to. But it’s not necessary.

6. Holly says:

Okay, I’m going to break down and ask. Who is Puck? Are we talking about the Shakespeare character? I’m totally clueless.

7. Demonbeck says:

“Alas poor Holly, she must not have MTV.”

(said while holding a Hogzilla skull)

8. SpaceyG says:

Heck, doing business with one if the most oppressive regimes known to mankind, the Saudis, was a freakin’ job requirement for anyone in the Bush Admin.

9. Demonbeck says:

Wouldn’t it be funny if – in a slander case – Youtube surrendered the name of whoever posted this video to the court system?

10. TPSoCal says:

Who needs to link him via ChiComs, I thought dems & coms were the same thing. At least that is what I was taught. 🙂

11. GunnerH says:

That video might just be the worst thing I have ever seen in my life! First off if you are going to attack somebody try spell the person’s name right! It looks like to me that somebody got nervous about the Whinehead oh wait I’m sorry that I didn’t type that correctly it’s WHITEHEAD video’s that are actually about him and not somebody that he used to work for. LAME very LAME and what’s this I read about the video being pulled then put back on again…I do however like the logo for the macon city council race

12. Federalist says:

China is not the U.S. If Yahoo wants to do business there, they are going to have to do what the Chinese gov’t wants (within their jurisdiction). Do not forget how pissy the GOP got when Google and other companies would not surrender their user info to the White House for the tracking of “terrorists.” Who is being politically convenient here. I am glad to see that so many people in this room are using good old fashion common sense with this issue though.