Going after Whitehead.

There are two You Tubes out there going after Jim Whitehead.

One was created by Rusty which you can view here.

The creator of the other one is unknown. Here it is:

It seems to me the main issue in the 10th is illegal immigration. While people in the 10th may not like the current state of the war in Iraq, I doubt most support the “get out now” plan being pushed by the Dems in Congress. Thus, Marlow’s recent statement on the war doesn’t reflect the view of the majority in the district:

Unlike my opponent, Jim Whitehead, I believe that the war in Iraq is a critical issue for the people of the 10th District, and my top priority as your congressman will be working to bring our involvement there to an honorable end as quickly as possible.

1. Skeptical says:

But…but…but…if we don’t talk about the war, John Douglas can’t call Democrats “Defeat and Retreat Democrats” anymore and talk about their “doom and gloom surrender talk”.

C’mon. Throw the guy a bone – he has to be getting tired from carrying all of Rove/Luntz’s talking points playbook around.

2. Jmac says:

Buzz, I would agree that illegal immigration might be a more popular issue in the 10th District, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it should be the main focus of any campaign. Sometimes, you need leaders to start discussion and are working to bring people around and force debate on particular issues.

So Marlow’s efforts appear to be doing just that (and he may very well fail in his attempts), in addition to working to exploit what he feels is a weakness in Whitehead’s campaign.

That isn’t to say that Marlow doesn’t have opinions regarding illegal immigration (quite the contrary actually).

3. jsm says:

The ad from *unknown* is very well done, although I disagree with its conclusion. I wonder how much effect it might have if it were given TV air time.

4. Bill Simon says:

If this racce was in the center of Atlanta, these anti-Whitehead commercials would likely have an impact.

As it is, though, in the 10th District, this dog is not going to hunt, and the Dem candidates will continue their ear-shrieking descent at Mach 2 right into the ground on Election Day.

5. HeartofGa says:

I’m sorry, but is there actually someone who does not want to bring this war to “an honorable end, as quickly as possible?”

6. TPSoCal says:

The only honorable end is victory. Victory is a word not used by most Democrat candidates.

7. Bill Simon says:

An “honorable end” or ANY end would be good, Heart (I’m not a Bush Admin. ass-kisser and haven’t been since the Iraqi invasion)…

BUT, I’m looking at the mindset of the “good ‘ole country boys and girls” of the 10th District for my analysis of the effectiveness of the ads. And, they won’t be effective in this CD race, except to make sure the Republican voters in the 10th know exactly who the Dem candidates are and not to vote for them.

See, you Dems would have likely been better off NOT identifying yourselves as Dems. People approach multi-person ballots like students well-trained in taking multiple-choice tests: they first eliminate the impossible answers in order to make decisions based on the remaining plausible ones. By this guy advertising himself as a Dem, the effect will be to obtain only hardcore Dem voters voting for him.

8. Jmac says:

I’m not disputing that, but isn’t it kinda counterproductive? If Democrats wish to become a competitive party again in these types of races, doesn’t it make sense to use the Democrat name? Granted it’s going to be an incredibly steep climb and take many, many years to overcome … but Republicans didn’t quit running as Republicans back when Democrats kept winning.

I mean, Johnny Isakson lost a lot of elections before getting where he is now. It’s hard to argue that the work he did for the party was essential to its success (as one example).

9. Jmac says:

But, yes, jsm … the unknown ad is very well-done. The ending is kinda spotty graphic-wise, but it’s very professional.

10. GOPeach says:

Billy Bob Simon wrote:

“I’m looking at the mindset of the “good ‘ole country boys and girls” of the 10th District..”

Give me a break!!!

I guess Billy Bob thanks everwon up in the 10th is scrathin thur fanny thru a thik par of overhalls and chewin on a peice of hay with one tooth.

How vastly mistaken he his. ( rolling eyes at the ignorance)