Greene receives support from national leaders.

Email from the Greene campaign:

COMMERCE, GA – Bill Greene, Republican candidate for U.S. Congress, announced today that several national leaders in the traditional values movement have personally endorsed his Congressional campaign.

Greene was endorsed by Ron Wexler, President/CEO of the Ten Commandments Commission, an organization devoted to defending and maintaining the Judeo-Christian moral tradition in society, and whose founders include Dr. Myles Munroe, Pastor John Hagee, Dr. Paul Crouch, Bishop T.D. Jakes, Rabbi Yehuda David Greenberg, Benny Hinn, Bishop Eddie L. Long, and others. Over 327,000 people have signed the TCC’s “Ten Commandments Day Proclamation.”

In addition, Greene was personally endorsed by William J. Murray, chairman of the Religious Freedom Coalition, which works to ensure that marriage remains the union of one man and one woman, and that the sanctity of human life, beginning with the unborn child, is protected.

“Ron Wexler has been instrumental in coordinating a major global movement on behalf of God’s eternal moral law,” said Bill Greene, considered to be the leading conservative candidate in the special election to fill the late Charlie Norwood’s seat. “And the work of Bill Murray at the RFC, emphasizing that religious freedom is the ‘first liberty’, is unequalled. I’m humbled by Ron and Bill’s faith in me that I will be ‘hitting the ground running’ as a strong social conservative from the very first day I’m elected, and all the way for many years to come in Congress.”

1. Rick Day says:

Benny Hinn???

Nahhh. Jesus FREAKS don’t have a political/moral position to spoonfeed us all!

You scheme and lie for the power to force conformity to your morality through legislating fielty to Jesus Christ ™ and his stupid book.

You.People.Scare.Me. Like.Clowns.

2. Observer says:

Settle down Rick.

Back to the race, at what point will Bill Greene promote endorsements from his own congressional district? Endorsements from so-called national leaders carry little weight in congressional elections.

Then again, Greene doesn’t actually live in the Tenth, so I guess national endorsements are just as good for him.

It looks like Paul Broun will be in the runoff, not Greene.

3. Nate says:

As a proud Christian and Republican, I have to say that men like Benny Hinn and John Hagee make me sick. Come on people, if they were not scamming people’s money they would almost be funny. Why would anyone want their name tied to those jokers?

4. Federalist says:

Bill Greene is a christian? I did not know that christian were permitted to be racists.

5. I Am Jacks Post says:

Benny Hinn and his healing lightening bolts. Awesome.

Bishop Eddie Long and his $400,000 Bentley, paid for by his, uh, “church.” The prosperity gospel rules.

This is the way Bill Greene rolls.

6. Chris says:

I’m gonna use this tread to say:

“I think every good Christian ought to kick Falwell right in the ass.” – Barry Goldwater

7. Holly says:

You know he died today, right? Perhaps not the best time to chose that quote, no matter what you think of him. (I wasn’t fond.)

8. Federalist says:

Excellent quote Farris. To hell with honoring somebodies life Holly. Especially a person that divided this country and threatened the American way of life.

9. Jmac says:

Well, I had profound theological and ideological differences with Jerry Falwell, but the man’s life is worthy of respect. He worked hard for something he believed in, and I can put away my severe disagreements to pay him the honor he’s due.

10. Federalist says:

Whatever, you just described the lives of every dictator that has existed in the history of man.

11. Jmac says:

Well, at least your employing a mature and rational level of discourse to articulate your point.

Listen, I was no fan of Falwell’s politics or his theology. But to not show some measure of respect to him and his family is not only absurd, but it’s also banal.

It’s equally as ridiculous to equate him to a dictator.

12. Doug Deal says:

Jmac,

What Federalist does not understand is that it is a good idea to show respect for everyone, as it demonstrates respect for oneself

Federalist would rather create a world populated by people demons that are all out to get him so he can justify his misanthrope behavior. Contrary to what is evident in his seething hatred of Republicans, Religion and The Baby Jesus, it is possible to disagree with someone and still show them respect.

13. Jmac says:

Well said. I’m also ashamed by my typo … the ex-journalist/editor in me knows it should be ‘… you’re employing a mature and rational level of discourse.’

Argh.

14. Holly says:

Jmac, I hate making that mistake, too. I’m glad I’m not the only anal one in the bunch.

15. outsideobserver says:

How many of these national leaders actually took the time to interview any of the other candidates? Answer None!! To paint Whitehead merely as a Republican establish candidate is crap and Greene knows it….. When is Greene going to roll out people in his district or a poll that has him above 10%? Aint going to happen. The only reason these so-called national leaders even endorsed Greene is because they have made money off of Rightmarch and feel obligated…..