Georgia Dems Emerge From Coma

Wow… two anti-Whitehead ads in one day! Look out your window, pigs are a’flyin’. And in case you’re wondering… no, neither Ad One nor Ad Two was generated by or for the Marlow campaign. Let’s just say we’re being put on notice that Dems in Georgia are alive, well and growing stronger every day… with a little help from social media, of course. They’re not real crazy about the ridiculous nonsense out of the mouth of Whitehead either.

Post, circulate, repeat. Post, circulate, repeat. Post, circulate, repeat.

1. I Am Jacks Post says:

Alive and well? A lame ass ad posted on You Tube? Seriously? That’s an indicator that the Democrat party is “alive and well?” That party has no $–I bet Jane Kidd had to take her car to Title Max just to finance that piece of crap.

And that second ad? Wow. Didn’t know you could make movies on a Tandy TRS 80.

Alive and well, to be sure.

2. TPSoCal says:

Now if only the national dems would awake from their intellectual coma, maybe they could govern. 🙂

3. Observer says:

Looks like the Dems are trying to make Iraq an issue in the Tenth race. I’m sure Whitehead won’t mind being thrown in that briar patch. The Tenth has always been very pro-military, and Whitehead is right that it won’t be a driving force in this election. If the Dems want to try to make it one, that plays into his hands as it will drive out the military and veteran vote around Augusta and Fort Gordon.

4. John Douglas says:

5. SpaceyG says:

Oh Maw Gawd!!! I still have a Trash 80. Of course it’s stored carefully up in the attic, since it will be a museum piece one day. I first accessed the Internets, or the pre-internets I should say, on a Trash 80. Circa 1992 or so. Ahhh…. techno nostalgia.

Jane Kidd had zippo, zero, nada to do with either vid, FYI, I Am Jack. All work likely done on super-de-dooper MacBooks. But I wouldn’t know…

6. Rusty says:

Sen. Douglas,
    Re: “Let them come forth.” Is that sort of like a more Biblical-sounding “bring ’em on”?

I hear a lot of people talk about surrender this and cut-and-run that without offering an alternative.

“Keep doing what we’re doing because it’s working… no, really! It’s working… I swear to God… why don’t you believe me? We were invited! Punch was served!” isn’t an alternative.

You should take your governor’s advice and not say anything if you don’t have something constructive to add.

7. drjay says:

i suppose these are marginally interesting–but is some homemade deal put up on youtube really going to get beyond folks who are already into this stuff and be seen by the general public in any meaningful, vote altering way???

8. drjay says:

also i think the iraq is not a big deal line has been grossly misinterpreted–his point was/is that in the 10th people have generally supported the troops, the war and the president and there is not some big “anti war” crowd dominating the debate in toccoa or thomson–but good luck w/ that

9. SpaceyG says:

Drjay… that is truly the great unknown in politics right now… will viral this, social media that translate into feet walking into polling place? Hard to say right now, but I bet we’re going to have some answers, and lots of data too, come ’08 on this matter. Right now, it’s an experimental ship for all who want to jump aboard. It’s fun, too. But steered mostly by pirates of course! For the time being…

10. Skeptical says:

From John Douglas – “Dream on about the Democratic revival. And let them come forth with their doom and gloom surrender talk in the 10th. That should really attract votes…….. ”

That’s all you know how to say. Just take Karl Rove’s talking points and repeat, repeat, repeat. Have you ever had an original thought at all?

I can’t believe the idiot morons in District 17 keep re-electing you. Wait – yes I can. I live there and see full well that it’s easier to bury their heads in the sand than admit they made horrible mistakes in choosing their president, congressman and state reps.

The demographics are changing and not for your better. Praise Allah!