Let’s Screw With John Linder

John Linder sits on the House GOP Steering Committee. That body just put Ken Calvert on the House Appropriations Committee, replacing ethically challenged John Doolittle.

Mr. Calvert, once arrested for soliciting a prostitute, has a pattern of buying land, getting earmarks for land connected to his property, then selling his property once the value has gone up.

John Linder either voted for or against Mr. Calvert. In any event, we should all let John Linder know how displeased we are with the GOP Steering Committee putting Ken Calvert on Appropriations.

The local office number is 770-232-3005. Call John Linder and ask if he voted for Calvert and let him know Calvert sitting on Appropriations is unacceptable.

1. Chris says:

I see someone has decided to write off any chance President Bush will fly to town to do a fundraiser for him.

2. Skeptical says:

Yeah Common Sense – they care about shaddy land deals now like they care about “conflicts of interest” with lobbyist being on state boards, i.e. Sally from Riverkeeper getting booted off the DNR board.

Hypocrites.

3. Holly says:

Well, Skeptical’s point would be valid. . . were Calvert a Democrat. He’s not.

The only way to fix the party is to purge the party of people who make shady land deals and have other sorts of questionable ethics. I want them all gone.

4. Skeptical says:

It doesn’t matter if he’s a Dem or a Rep. All hypocrites need to be purged as they are not living up to their responsibilites, namely working for the people of Georgia.

Hypocricy lives on both sides of the aisle.

5. Skeptical says:

And yes, I know Calvert is a national figure, but Linder is not. I actually am unfortunate enough to live in his district, so I especially like to point out his hypocrisy.

6. Holly says:

I agree with you, Skeptical, that hypocrisy lives on both sides ot the aisle, but Erick is a Republican fussing about a Republican’s action on another Republican. If we as Republicans don’t police ourselves, how in the world would anyone else trust us?

The same is true, of course, for Democrats, but I can’t speak for them. As a Republican, I’m tired of my party acting this way. There is a great platform there that’s getting totally dwarfed by our elected officials’ inability to act responsibly and honorably.

7. Skeptical says:

Holly, I am a Democrat so regarding this matter, I will speak for my team. We, the rank and file, are truly fed up with being spoon fed a line of what we want to hear, then having those in Washington turn around and do just the opposite.

I truly believe that it is time for the people of this country to start paying attention to what goes on in their names and hold their elected officials accountable. This country can do a hell of a lot better…

8. debbie0040 says:

Way to go Erick:
    Conservative blog declares ‘war’ on GOP leaders
    By Jackie Kucinich
    May 11, 2007
    The editor of a popular conservative blog declared “war” on the GOP House leadership following the decision of Republican members to appoint Rep. Ken Calvert (R-Calif.) temporarily to a powerful House panel.
    “The House Republican Leadership just does not get it and they will not take us seriously until we flex our muscle against them,” wrote Erick Erickson, editor of http://www.redstate.com. “We must fight the House GOP and we must fight today.

9. Skeptical says:

I know exactly how you feel Jeff! It’s just too much. I say we call it a day and go drink beer! (Actually, it’s Cake and Beer Friday here at the office, so I know I’m done).

Hope you guys have a great weekend! 🙂

10. Doug Deal says:

Skeptical,

I have been saying the same thing for a while. You should be doubly harsh about the excesses of people who supposedly represent you than people that are against you.

It should be the expectation that the other side will disappoint.

11. IndyInjun says:

Appealing to John Linder on the basis of fiscal responsibility and propriety is like expecting a kleptomanic that you hired to run your jewelry business to refrain from stealing.

He and the rest of the Republicans on the Georgia delegation have abused we conservatives like rented mules and its time we kicked him and the rest of them out on their rumpuses.

His Fair??????tax con job doesn’t even pretend to cover the cost of the Medicare D $8 trillion unfunded liability THAT HE VOTED FOR. If the man were serious about fiscal responsibility, he would have exhibited at least SOME SPENDING RESTRAINT. Hawking tax reform after voting for impossibly large spending obligations should be seen for what it is – an INSULT TO OUR INTELLIGENCE.

I have had him as numero uno in the House who deserves a swift kick LONG BEFORE NOW.

What I do not understand is this. We conservatives here know that the GOP has abused our good faith and is destined for a wipe-out in 2008. Why are we resigning ourselves to having NO CHOICES other than these guys who have lied to us continuously? What this likely means is that the Dems will come roaring back -even in Georgia – as a political force.

Would it not be far better for the country, our pride in doing the right thing, and for the conservative cause to TAKE THESE IMPOSTERS OUT OURSELVES?????

Erick for on seat in Congress! Bull Moose for Senate. Let’s hold Jeff back to run against Isakson, though, as there is no use expending all bullets.

I am dead serious about this.

12. Bull Moose says:

So, I spend the past 24 hours wrapped up in the Relay For Life and log on here only to find out that Republicans in Congress STILL DON’T GET IT in terms of corrution.

This just stinks.

First and foremost, last year Congress passed a budget that CUT cancer funding for the first time in almost 50 years. That’s just pathetic. There is no excuse for that. Especially when you look at the boondoggle pork barrel spending that House Republicans initiated.

Secondly, the party of who knows what in Washington is now PROMOTING a Member of Congress under investigation by the FBI? What’s wrong with this?

We shouldn’t have to explain to Linder or anyone else up there why this is wrong. The fact that they DON’T GET IT is demonstrative of the need for them to LEAVE either voluntarily or by being defeated for reelection.

I’m sorry, but when you STOP acting like a common sense conservative you don’t have an ENTITLEMENT to our votes and support.

Who else from GA sits on this Steering Committee?

13. Demonbeck says:

I have less of a problem with Calvert’s suspicious background and more of a problem that the steering committee is overloading Appropriations with representatives from California, Texas and New York. Duke Cunningham’s slot on that committee should go to someone from the Southeast and Linder should have led the charge to make it so.