Wooten to Howard: “Run”

Clark Howard for mayor?

Whatever his politics — liberal, moderate or conservative — Clark Howard comes across as genuine and honest, qualities highly prized in public office. I know. My wife makes me listen to him in the car. He’s one of those figures, like Oprah Winfrey, who can draw attention, in a good way, to the ideals and values he expresses. Nearing the edge of doubt that there is any such thing as a fiscal conservative in public office, I’m ready to embrace a dyed-in-wool penny-pincher.

Give it a shot, Clark. We need cheapskates in public office.

1. drjay says:

at newsmeat.com they list clark howard as having given isakson $1000 back in 04–only reference to politics and clark i could find

2. Demonbeck says:

Yes, but when Wooten tells him to run, he is being encouraging. You are merely warning Mr. Howard when you say it.

3. Rick Day says:

The first thing I’ll do with the new mayor is sit down and show them how stupid the process for obtaining a building permit and liquor license is in Atlanta.

I don’t know which is killing me faster, my cirrhosis or the Damn System ™

4. Demonbeck says:

For some reason, I found that statement to be quite funny.

You probably need a liquor license to deal with obtaining a building permit.

5. shep1975 says:

and, if you want more to hear more of Wooten’s thoughts on Howard’s potential run for Atlanta mayor (watch out…shameless plug alert) come see Wooten as he addresses (…wait for it…) the Buckhead Young Republican Club tonight, Thursday, May 10, 2007! Visit http://www.buckheadyr.org for directions and time.

6. kevpriest says:

Rick, I thought you were treated pretty fairly in the process. It’s probably unecessarily long, but what’s wrong with getting community input?

7. buzzbrockway says:

Rick,

I imagine obtaining a liquor license under Mayor Clark Howard would be much cheaper than it was under Mayor Bill Campbell. Those bribes can really get expensive.