Gas station owner told to raise prices

AP reports that a gas station owner in Wisconsin has been ordered by the state to raise his prices or the state will sue him…

“But the state Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection says those deals violate Wisconsin’s Unfair Sales Act, which requires stations to sell gas for about 9.2 percent more than the wholesale price.

Bhandari said he received a letter from the state auditor last month saying the state would sue him if he did not raise his prices. The state could penalize him for each discounted gallon he sold, with the fine determined by a judge.”

Please tell me that Georgia has no such requirement…

1. Doug Deal says:

This reminds me of the lyrics to a song.

I’m proud to be an American,
    where at least I know I’m free.
    And I won’t forget then men who died,
    to set my gas prices for me.

It always brings tears…

2. Icarus says:

This is an example of one of the many problems that can be caused by consuming too much cheese.

3. Demonbeck says:

I certainly hope our legislators read this one and make sure that Georgia has no such law.

4. Doug Deal says:

Bah, this is the third time I had to suffer through Demonbeck’s last comment because recent comment notification is broken again.

5. Demonbeck says:

Erick has been baking too many cookies. Go into your browser and delete them.

Eating them is unhealthy and the government frowns upon unhealthy behaviour. They should establish tax incentives for people to lose weight.

(Note the Euro-spelling of behavior and the sarcasm following.)

6. Doug Deal says:

That’s why I refuse to lose weight, I am waiting to lose it when it counts.

I don’t want to remove my cookies, because that means I have to reregister my computer with my bank, and also, remember all those logins that I have to automatically log me into places who’s logins I have on automatic. Plus I am lazy.

7. Doug Deal says:

Well for what it is worth, I found the offending cookie.

If you go to your cookies folder and delete the one called that is called something like [email protected][#].txt, where # is some number that has a first line that starts with “recentposts”, you can delete only the cookie that messes up your recent posts.

Then shut down your browser and open it again and come back to peach pundit and you will set.

That way, there are no lost saved passwords to other sites, or unpleasant side effects experienced by the other method.

8. Doug Deal says:

Jeff,

Sometimes it feels like it.

You have to support I.E. as 94 percent of our users use it. But, 2 percent use safari, 4 percent use firefox, and less than one percent use netscape. About 6 users use web tv. (This is out of 4 million daily visitors).

So we support these other browsers and it turns out that half of my work load seems to be overcoming differences in the 50 varieties of Netscape, as well as Firefox, Safari and WebTV.