While We’re Talking About Running [UPDATED]

After a week of deciding not to run for City Council in Macon, I have decided I will be running for Ward V, Post 3 in Macon. The caveat is that my employer needs to sign off it. If they do, I’m in.

[UPDATED] The boss is on board (yeah, the wife and employer), so I’m running for City Council!

1. SpaceyG says:

GoPeach… now that bites. Comparing bloggers to lobbyista. That’s just not right. How many lobbyists ply their sick trade for free? Bloggers on the other hand are such bottom feeders, we’ll even do this kinda work for free.

2. Icarus says:

Erick

I’ve got this great hotel deal I’d like you to present when you’re elected…

3. Chris says:

So, what does this district look like? Republican, Democrat, Black, White, Rich, Poor? Is the election partisan or non-partisan?

4. SpaceyG says:

Does this mean PP will now become your personal campaign tool? If it does, will we have to launch a hostile takeover bid?

5. LymanHall says:

Is that post going to be vacated too? I thought Post 1 was going to be an open seat?

6. CobbGOPer says:

Erick, I hope you know what you’re getting yourself into, my friend. It’s very different on the Dark Side…

7. Demonbeck says:

I am glad that Truett Cathy gave you the thumbs up. Will you be able to continue to make those delicious little chicken mini biscuits during breakfast?

8. Demonbeck says:

Erick,

Are you running on the Republican, Libertarian, Democratic or Bull Moose ticket?

9. mercergirl says:

Thank God- I’m glad to know someone I can trust will be running for my Ward.

Now if we could only do something about who is running for Ward V Post 1….

10. Erick says:

Demonbeck, I’ll be a Republican.

Andrew, I think they mayoral candidates are on their own. I said I’d support Lance and I will. I think Riechert would be an excellent mayor.

11. MidGaDawg says:

What do you think about your friend Lauren Benedict running for Post 1? Does Ward 5 overlap at all with Freeman’s House seat or did she move again?

12. gatormathis says:

Erick,
    I live out of town so I’ll have to mail in my vote as high as these gas prices are.

While I’m at it, I’ll mail in my “dead” freinds’ votes also. Surely some of them are in your favor.

It’s the least we can do for ya………