Phil Kent at the Cobb GOP Breakfast.

This morning while campaigning, I visited the Cobb County GOP meeting where Phil Kent was speaking. Kent spoke quite a bit about illegal immigration, and also about his new book “Foundations of Betrayal.” “Foundations of Betrayal” looks at where left-wing charities get their money and where that money ends up.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page to see Phil’s April 23rd appearance on the O’Reilly Factor.

1. debbie0040 says:

Phil Kent will be speaking at the Gwinnett GOP Breakfast on June 2nd and also signing books.

2. Bill Simon says:

Buzz forgot to mention that there were 92 people at the Cobb GOP breakfast this morning.

Last month there were 110.

I talked to two people who had actually attended the breakfasts under the leadership of ASH. One person said ASH’s breakfasts had a maximum of 25 people any of his breakfasts.

The other person observed that the packed house reflected the lack of the “huge dark cloud” that had always hung over an ASH-oriented event.

I’m sure Debbie or her alter-ego, Philly, will get on here and yammer on about how I’m lying and blah-blah-blah, but, seriously, Scott Johnson and his gang are freakin’ LIGHT-YEARS ahead of the past 6 years of absolute bullshit leadership this county party has suffered from. LIGHT-YEARS BETTER!.

Debbie, I just want to say…I’m SO happy you left Cobb County and our GOP.

I do feel a lot of empathy and sympathy for all of my good friends in the Gwinnett GOP, but, in this universe, our gain is their loss.

3. Federalist says:

Does he ever mention where right-wing charities get their money and where it ends up?

4. Bill Simon says:

92 people were at the Cobb breakfast this morning. 115 people were at last month’s meeting.

The most I ever heard that attended any breakfast meeting that ASH held was 20-25 people.

It’s absolutely AMAZING what happens to an organization when it gets people with integrity elected to the topmost positions.

5. GOPeach says:

Uh Bill –

Looks like the numbers are already dropping.
    You may be eating your words — smarty pants.

There’s a heck of a lot more to the republican party than eating Bar-B-Q for breakfast once a month and bashing leadership on blogs.

( I guess you did not know that ASH still sits on the executive board and the majority of the
    sub-district chairs are his friends. One of whom is his soon-to-be wife) I would advice you to keep your fat mouth shut.

I am glad I spent my Sabbath at Temple!
    You won’t see me there on Saturday mornings.
    I do not put the GOP before GOD!

With a name like Simon – I would think you would have other things to do on Sat. morning also.

6. Brian from Ellijay says:

Phil did well. He sold out of books at the event.

Buzz, you should mention that you also went to Cherokee for the GOP breakfast. BTW, quit following me 😉

7. Gag Halfrunt says:

Phil Kent: the scholastic rigor of Joe Biden, the racial sensitivity of Don Imus, and the family values of Newt Gingrich. Who better characterizes where Republicans in Georgia seem to be headed headed? I eagerly bought the book just to see if there were any parts that he wrote himself.

8. GOPeach says:

Gag-

LOL – I know what you mean!!! I am with ya.

I picked up the first book Kent wrote at the
    Christian Coalition rally 2005. He had a book table and when I thumbed through it, I thought the same thing.

We is no Ann Coulter!

9. LymanHall says:

I love conservatives that rant and rave about the market but have never held a real 9-5 job themselves. Hey Phil, go get a job!

10. Holly says:

Lyman, Phil was an editor for the Augusta Chronicle a while back.

Now, since that time is a different story. . .

11. GOPeach says:

Buzz-

UNBLIEVABLE!

I was hoping she would have shaken the dust off her feet and joined the Cobb County Democrats! She clearly does not listen to Peach. She is loyal to a fault!!!!!

So- did she say she was supporting you????

12. shep1975 says:

There were very few Cobb Republican Women members because they were having a new member event. That would account for about a dozen or so people who were not there.

13. shep1975 says:

Oh, and define “real job,” Lyman. Why does what Phil does for a living not constitute a “real job” per your definition?

14. Philly says:

Bill, that is a lie about the Cobb GOP Breakfast under Hobbs.

I attended many breakfasts and sometimes the attendance was 50 sometimes 80 or 90. It depended on who the speaker was.

BTW, go Dawn Strickland over Jerri Barr !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. GOPeach says:

Shep-

Good try!

Dr. Cindye Coates is a member of the Cobb Republican Women’s Club and she was at the breakfast
    Also… Harold Smith former Mayor of Smyrna ( and friend) skipped the breakfast as several others who attended the first one…. I heard they were offended by Millie Rogers’ comment… ” We have been gove 6 years and now we are back and we are in control.”

Who does Silly Millie think she is???
    All that poofy hairsprair if effecting her brain.

I quit the Cobb Republican Women’s Club when she at the helm… She steered us into a social clun as opposed to ISSUES DRIVEN!…. What a nut job!

Philly-

I agree! Looks like the Barr closed at the crack of Dawn… lol

16. GOPeach says:

Shep-

Good try!

Cindye Coates is a member of the Cobb GOP Women’s Club and she was at the breakfast.

Also… at least 10 people I know will not come back because of Millie Rogers’ comment last month.

Silly Milliw does not know when to keep her mouth shut.