1. buzzbrockway says:

I went with some friends to the midnight show last night. It’s a pretty good movie, in fact better than than Spiderman 1 I thought.

Some leftists might get upset at one scene: Spiderman is coming to save the day when he dramatically pauses on top of a building….in front of a huge American flag! Jingoism at it’s finest.

2. Demonbeck says:

Apparently, Spidey still stands for truth, justice and the American Way, unlike Superman these days.

3. griftdrift says:

Wrong, Demonbeck.

Spidey is all about with great power comes great responsbility.

A way of life some should have embraced over the past four years.

4. griftdrift says:

I was well aware of what you were referring to. Not only do you confuse a DC hero with a Marvel hero but you attempt to take one’s tagline and apply it to the other, conveniently ignoring how Spiderman’s just might not support your viewpoint.

5. Demonbeck says:

If he’s posing in front of the American flag and not making pointed statements, one must assume it’s a statement of support for all that the flag represents (ie: the American Way.)

Now arguing what the American Way is – is a different story.

6. Demonbeck says:

Next thing you know, you’ll be telling me that Silver Surfer wasn’t part of the Fantastic Four.

7. Icarus says:

Yesterday it was a discussion of Dell and Windows Vista, today it’s D.C. vs. Marvel.

Nerds! All of you!

Nerds! Nerds! Nerds!

Can’t we get back to discussing something cool like state tax policy and its affect on local economic development?

8. Icarus says:

SuperPerdue,

The power to make a tax cut disappear with one pen and a hissy fit…

9. Icarus says:

Super Grover was O.K.,

but he never had the true badass quality of Count VonCount.

10. Icarus says:

Demonbeck,

Amazing commentary on the current budget battle that you found for us.

SuperGrover = Gov. Perdue. All cape and no powers.

Sammy & Frankie = Cagle and Richardson. Eventually will get tired of fighting and will settle matters among themselves, and go home.

Wow. I guess you really can explain away most things in GA politics with a clip of Muppets.

11. Icarus says:

As an aside,

I’m now going to spend the next hour and a half trying to explain to the people I “work” with why I’m watching the Muppets on YouTube.

Then I’m going to leave early. It’s Friday, after all…

12. blogger says:

Simply put, it was a good moview. I went to the midnight show last night. It was so packed we had to sit in the second row, but it’s definitely worth seeing…and there may even be a Spiderman 4. We’ll see.

13. Loren says:

“SuperGrover = Gov. Perdue. All cape and no powers.”

*ahem*, Super Grover had one of the coolest powers: he could fly.

14. Icarus says:

Holly,

I hope you did. I did. Icarus is now posting “post happy hour”. Everyone else is warned.

Loren and Demonbeck,

The Governor can fly too. Just ask a GSP helicopter pilot.

Demon,

Everyone should take me seriously, up until the point my wings melt and I crash into rocks. (Icarus isn’t that good at flying, either).

15. Icarus says:

Holly,

It’s always good to plan to be spontaneous at least three days in advance. I hope you enjoyed it.

Did you bake my cookies yet?

16. Bill_k says:

Spider-Man has always had two qualities that set him apart from the rest of the super-heroes. First, his personal life is a shambles. His apartment door is broken, he has to use the pay phone in the hallway, and he gets around on a scooter. Second, his villains are not one-dimensional bad-guys. For example, the Sandman is stealing money for his sick daughter. All of the enjoyable elements that were in the last two movies are also in this one. Personally I thought SM2 was better, but SM3 was still very enjoyable.

17. Philly says:

Loved it but what happened with Harry was not true to form to the comic books.

Great movie!!!!!!!!!!