Chambliss is laughing somewhere

Vernon Jones isn’t doing that well in his fundraising efforts:

The chief executive officer of DeKalb County had a little over $8,000 in his campaign treasury after three months of fund raising this year.

He’s filed papers to run for the seat held by Republican Saxby Chambliss, who added $830,671 to his mountain of cash during the first three months of the year and had $2.8 million available by the end of March.

Many factors determine success in politics, including skill in debates and an ability to motivate an army of volunteers. But without money, observers say, it’s close to impossible to win, especially in a statewide race where media advertising plays a key role.

From January through March, according to recent filings with the Federal Election Commission, Jones raised $17,900 and spent $9,273.

I’ve heard Jim Butler and Jim Marshall mentioned as a possible candidates, but what about Michelle Nunn?

1. Andre Walker says:

It’s still early and Vernon still has a county to run. Also, it’s easy to raise nearly three million dollars when the PACs are just throwing it at you.

2. Skeptical says:

Ol Sackofshit Chambliss isn’t the only one laughing. 9 out of 10 Democrats are howling at this one!

3. IndyInjun says:

What is interesting is that there is no mention of a GOP challenge against Chambliss, despite his wild spending ways and total abandonment of conservative principles that are central for what the party purportedly stands for.

Do conservatives plan on sitting home?

4. Icarus says:

I think Chambliss would be laughing louder if Jones had raised $3 Million. That would ensure that he would probably freeze out the other Dems, whereas this poor showing makes Marshall a more likly competitor.

5. DMZDave says:

If Jim Marshall gets in, the GOP gets his House seat and he goes home to Macon. He barely defeated Mack Collins, he’s not going to defeat Saxby. In a presidential year, with someone like Hillary at the top of the ticket, I wouldn’t give up my day job to run state wide as a Dem in Georgia.

6. Skeptical says:

If any of you truly in your craven little hearts believes Hillary will be at the top of the ticket, I have a bridge I’d like to sell you. Real cheap.

I know that is your greatest wish on this planet, but seriously, the only ones truly pushing her are Republicans and their corporate shill mouthpieces on MSM.

Oh yeah, and Andre.

7. Icarus says:

For the record, I don’t want her at the top of your ticket. I’d rather you nominate the Breck Girl with the ugly farm house and his 4 year voting record as a 6 year Senator…

8. DutchDawg says:

Icarus – I’ve said for a while he’ll end up winning the nomination. After the Hillary-Hussein slugfest of course.

9. MidGaDawg says:

Don’t forget, Marshall ran against Chambliss for his old House seat. In case you forget how it went, it would be another two years before Marshall joined the House (after Saxby got promoted and the Dems redid the district). Don’t expect a rematch.