Steam Building

Two Five Twelve different people have now asked me to run for City Council in Macon. I’m flattered. I just not sure about it.

1. Donkey Kong says:

As long as you keep posting here, RUN! If you’d have to leave PP, the citizens of Macon can suffer under a different mayor so I can continue getting my daily fix of PP.

2. Demonbeck says:

Erick,

What do you think about the hotel idea? I don’t think you’ve been quite clear on that subject.

3. Doug Deal says:

Yeah, being in politics sucks for the wifey types, but you are a whole lot more thoughtful and reasonable than the average politico.

That’s the problem with government, good people don’t want to run for office.

4. Demonbeck says:

You could make your own swedish meatballs for your fundraisers. I am sure your employer, Chik-Fil-A would give you the time off (on Sundays at least) to run.

5. Demonbeck says:

LOL.

Bork de bork bork the council…if you know what I mean.

It would give Bill Simon the opportunity to dress up as Fozzy Bear.

6. buzzbrockway says:

– Do you want to be on the Macon City Council?

– As Donkey Kong said, you can only run if you still post on PP.

– If you want to run and your wife supports you, and you will still post on PP, go for it!

7. Jmac says:

The Augusta commission … wow. Don’t get me started. I don’t know if there’s a mature individual on the entire commission.

As someone who blogs and is also giving a serious run to seeking office one day … go for it Erick. You may be a conservative, but us bloggers need to stick together.

8. Icarus says:

Erick,

Every political junkie should run for office at least once. Do it. Have fun doing it. And pray to God you don’t win, so you can get back to doing what you enjoy but with a slightly different perspective.

(if you think your e-mail in box is full now…)

9. Donkey Kong says:

Oh, Lord have mercy, Erick. If you run, Macon will be overrun by bloggers supporting you. Let’s hope we all shower and shave before going down there.

10. Bill Simon says:

Erick…it’s a bad idea to run. What would happen if you ran and made any illegal mistakes on your disclosures? Worse than having an affair, in your case.

11. Bill Simon says:

Probably not…I’m fairly certain some lawyer has already attempted that in the past and it is one of those cases buried far into the legal literature. 🙂