The Special Session

Talking to a friend, he explained things this way:

The Governor won’t call a Special Session until he gets a commitment that the House and Senate won’t override his veto.

The House won’t commit to begin a compromise until the Governor sets a Special Session.

Just save the money and don’t have one.

If the Governor is going to be a wussy about it all because he screwed up at the start, then save our money and stay home.

1. joe says:

I know that it is a silly idea, but what if politics did not come into play and everybody pretended that they were a professional and an adult?

2. griftdrift says:

Only one problem, Casey Cagle told 11 Alive Peachcare is already out of money. The Dems are going to tar and feather you guys over that issue if you don’t figure it out.

3. Bull Moose says:

Ugh, you know, there’s a special election in South Carolina for a State Senate seat and I swear, today, in listening to one of the commercials I could have sworn they were talking about Georgia… politics, the Governor not listening to the will of the legislature, etc…

Anyway… as for Georgia, it’s going to fall down for me at least as two who do you trust in terms of politics and you’re not going to be surprised, but I trust Casey Cagle to do what’s right by our state more so than I do the other politicians in Atlanta.

4. EAVDad says:

Another big problem with that scenario — some of our school systems will go into serious debt. The supplemental budget has something like $150 million for schools, if not more.

5. Chris says:

Bull:

See if you can work a deal out w/ SC to trade Governors. I’ll take Mark Sanford any day.

6. Demonbeck says:

Sanford has less power in SC than Cagle has in GA.

It would be interesting to see what he would do with the kind of pull Sonny’s got in this state.

7. Demonbeck says:

I think we ought to use our pull here and on Red State to put Sanford on the short list for Veep.

8. Chris says:

Demon:

Fred is from TN and won’t be picking a southern running-mate. We need to find someone good in the west or north-east.

9. griftdrift says:

Schools in debt. Children sick. Let me do some speculative campaign slogan writing for the Dems in 08.

“They said they were fiscal stewards. Instead they were a fiscal disaster.”

With every passing day…