Gratuitous Fred Thompson Post

This Saturday there will be a Rally for Fred Thompson in Cookeville, TN. While not specifically about Georgia it is only a 3 hour drive for those of us north of I20.

The rally will feature Congressman Zack Wamp as the main speaker as well as radio host Steve Gill and grassroots activists who are building an organization for a Thompson candidacy. There will be Fred Thompson supporters from all over the country attending, including from Georgia.

Nathan Humphrey is organizing the delegation from Georgia.
Send him an e-mail at [email protected] if you plan on going.

Also, remember to sign the petition to draft Fred at www.ga4fred.org

We now return you to your regularly scheduled tar & feather the [Governor | Lt. Governor | Speaker] blogging, already in progress.

Equal Time Update:
There is a Draft Newt Movement. (tnx DK)
John McCain officially announced today.

1. Donkey Kong says:

Hey, remember to sign the petition for an *effective* President…www.draftnewt.org

Sorry Chris. You got a front page plug for your guy, so I had to put one in for mine. After all, Newt is an interesting speaker…
    😉

2. Chris says:

I like Newt. I like Candidate Newt more than Speaker Newt.

I think Nominee Newt will lead to President Hillary.

3. Donkey Kong says:

Haha, you may be right. But I think Nominee Fred will have the same result as Nominee Newt, but at least we’d have a guy that can inspire and address real issues and perhaps do more in his loss than anyone since Goldwater.

4. souldrift says:

“I think Nominee Newt will lead to President Hillary.”

Go Newt!

Just what America needs, someone partisan enough to run around calling the Va. Tech shooter “a liberal.” Might as well elect Rush for President.

5. Brian from Ellijay says:

But at least this is only once. Bull you put up hundreds. Oh, and at least it is not a press release, but an event.

6. Chris says:

I did consider the pertenance of this post, and deciding its probably the closest you’ll see a Fred event before he runs I went ahead and posted it.

Bull: If McCain comes to town I’ll be happy to post an announcement. Or Rudy, or Romney, or even Brownback

7. Donkey Kong says:

My only problem with the post was solved when Chris put up a link to draft Newt. Granted, I think every comment or post should have a link for Draft Newt at its bottom, so my opinion is probably irrelevant.