Greene announces support.

Here’s a press release I received from the Greene campaign:

Here is a partial list of key local and national endorsers of Bill Greene for Congress:

* Gerald Dunham, Habersham County Commissioner

* Richard Viguerie, ConservativeHQ.com
* Steve Baldwin, Council for National Policy
* William Murray, Religious Freedom Coalition
* Richard Engle, National Federation of Republican Assemblies
* Chris Ruddy, NewsMax.com
* Richard Bott Sr., Bott Radio Network
(Organizations listed for identification purposes only)

1. Holly says:

The thing about announcing the names of Members in press releases is that you give off the idea that they support you, when in fact, from looking at the list of actual endorsements, they’re apparently staying neutral. Most would, I’d think, when there are several Republicans running for the same open seat.

2. John Douglas says:

Holly, This member of the GA Senate is certainly not staying neutral and was proud to have seen my name on the list for Jim Whitehead. As for the other members of the GA Senate Republican Caucus, I dont believe their names would have been on the list if they were remaining neutral.

3. Holly says:

John, I meant the Members of Congress, not state senators.

You guys worked with Jim, and I’m glad to see you endorse him because you know what it’s like to work with him.

However, Members of Congress are a different ballgame. They’re going to have to work with whichever candidate wins the race, and given that this is a bit like a primary in the fact that there are many Republicans running, they’re not quick to toss out their endorsements of one over the other.

4. bowersville says:

I happened to be at the same event as Senator Douglas this past Sunday. Once Senator Douglas realized I was from the 10th, he strongly voiced his support of Jim Whitehead for Congress.

So no, Senator Douglas is not neutral in this race, but actively voicing his support for Jim Whitehead as well as endorsing him.

5. I Am Jacks Post says:

Soooo, Greene’s list includes around 6 or 7 local guys and the balance of the list is comprised of Human Events Magazine’s Board of Directors.

Larry Klayman. Alan Keyes. Yikes.

6. Holly says:

And again, I’m going to point out that I said Members of Congress, not state senators and state reps.

But now I see the problem, and here it is:

My original comment was in response to a part of the press release that no longer is quoted on this post (Buzz, why did you change it?), but which I read early this morning, suggesting that while local connections were fine, national support was more valuable. Then it went on to mention that Bill Greene worked with many Members closely, and named several, including Tom Tancredo.

7. buzzbrockway says:

Holly,

I changed it because in my post yesterday about Whitehead’s endorsements, I didn’t include any statement by Whitehead. I felt it was only fair I do the same with a post on Greene.