For You Cheap Republicans

I hear Bill Jackson is going to have a big tonight at it’s only $20.00 a person.

Sonny, the Speaker, Barry Fleming, Ben Harbin, Earl Ehrhart, and Barbara Sims will all be there to show their support.

1. Demonbeck says:

“Sonny, the Speaker, Barry Fleming, Ben Harbin, Earl Ehrhart, and Barbara Sims”

Will this be a cage match?

2. drjay says:

if its who i’m thinking of he’s a former state legislator who is likely running for the state senate seat whitehead is vacating to run for congress? from columbia county–harlem or appling i believe…?

3. Holly says:

Bill is a former state rep who basically started the Republican party in Columbia County. He retired and Barry Fleming ran for (and won) his seat in 2002.

Bill is now running for the 24th senate seat.

For those interested, it’s at Bill Kuhlke’s farm in Rivermont in Evans.

(706) 650-2480 for more details.

4. drjay says:

the post i just made on the whitehead supporter thread, i guess belongs here and is, I guess directed at holly…

5. Holly says:

Demonbeck, I don’t think Ben Harbin can be mistaken for a Libertarian after those budgets this session.

. . . I need to leave the house. I’ll give an update on this when I return.

6. Lee Benedict says:

Jim Whitehead qualified this morning for the 10th CD race and then resigned, so it is OFFICIAL, the seat is open. By the way, I’m a candidate for the 24th and would appreciate the support; I’m a lesser known candidate, but a candidate nonetheless and one to be taken seriously. My website is http://www.leebenedict.com for your viewing. Thanks!

7. Chris says:

Other than Sonny, those are all house people going up there to support this guy running for the State Senate. WTF?

8. Lee Benedict says:

Chris – I believe the reason for Jackson’s supporters from the House making the trip to Columbia County is that he spent 16 years in the House and has a bunch of friends. Plus, he has already been declared the winner by many press people and political followers. I guess we’ll find out on 6/19…and perhaps 7/17.

9. Holly says:

Demon, I got it, promise. I just wanted to point out that Ben ruins it. 🙂

Bill has endorsements from much of the state house for the reasons Lee mentioned.

By the way, the governor didn’t show. He sent a letter, which Ron Cross read to the crowd. Instead, they let Jeff Davis talk. I personally think we lucked out.

There was a good-sized crowd – around 150, I’d estimate. Barry was there. I didn’t see Ben.